Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

The reply section was all buggered up. 

Carl, I will will make an opinion and only my opinion mind you, based on what happened years ago at a zoo in England. A child fell into the gorilla habitat and broke her leg. The momma gorilla protected that girl like any almost other mother on this planet. Zoo staff made onlookers leave and gradually, over time, coaxed big momma away with food.  An brave handler ran in, scooped up the girl and ran like hell out of the enclosure. One broken leg, two shook up parents and no dead gorilla. I'd say that one was a win-win. 

G

Carl, I will will make an opinion and only my opinion mind you, based on what happened years ago at a zoo in England. A child fell into the gorilla habitat and broke her leg. The momma gorilla protected that girl like any almost other mother on this planet. Zoo staff made onlookers leave and gradually, over time, coaxed big momma away with food.  An brave handler ran in, scooped up the girl and ran like hell out of the enclosure. One broken leg, two shook up parents and no dead gorilla. I'd say that one was a win-win. 

G

Thanks G, makes sense...

The police have decided not to pursue charges against the 'mom' (in quotes as clearly she is one in name only) who let her child climb through the barrier into the gorilla cage.  

Our society of no accountability continues!

Speaking of gorillas, listen to this set of remarks by Rush Limbaugh. If there was ever any doubt about the man being an imbecile, this should remove it. They pay this ignorant clown at least $40 MILLION a year...and a large portion of the US population believes every word that comes out of his mouth.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/confused-rush-limbaugh-thinks-evolution-is-a-hoax-because-cincinnati-gorilla-never-became-human/

Speaking of gorillas, listen to this set of remarks by Rush Limbaugh. If there was ever any doubt about the man being an imbecile, this should remove it. They pay this ignorant clown at least $40 MILLION a year...and a large portion of the US population believes every word that comes out of his mouth.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/confused-rush-limbaugh-thinks-evolution-is-a-hoax-because-cincinnati-gorilla-never-became-human/

He needs to stop looking in the mirror. It could confuse him.

At least the gorilla was watching him cause no one else was. What a shae that he had to die over someone else's stupidity. I saw that on the news and I don't think that gorilla would hurt him it kind of looked like he was playing with him.

vince

Calm down guys... women always look more like their mug shot in real life....

920x920_128144413.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

Still not bad.... dumb as a bag of rocks though!

Seems like that may be one of the requirements for "teachers" these days.

My second grade teacher, Sister Philemona, looked like Ernest Borgnine in a habit.

Image result for Ernest Borgnine

She was pretty good with her fists, too. Alexandria Vera is pretty hot in a stripper kind of way. If she was my 8th grade teacher, my friends and I would've probably brought pocketfuls of dollar bills to class. The only really good looking teacher we had in elementary school was Sister Dominic (real name was Jeannie Compiglotto. Her cousin was Harry Guardino). She looked like Annette Funicello and had a fantastic figure that even her habit couldn't conceal. :D Sister Dominic was only eight years older (22) than most of us guys. She went into hypoglycemic shock in class one day and that was the last we ever saw of her. We were later told by one of the other nuns that, since she didn't take her final vows yet, she was allowed to leave the order. She ended up marrying (what a lucky dude her husband was) and still lived in Bensonhurst. So, I reiterate, life is soooooooo unfair......... :D 

Edited by SfanGoch

Having to pay $25 for Iwata-Medea for labor to do warranty work on one of my Eclipse's that had a broken nozzle,  yeah, that irked me pretty darn good.

( Yes, I did have the option to decline, than I would had to pay $6 for them to ship it back, then spend even more money buying a new needle set to do it myself)

Edited by martinfan5

G

I'm thinking about what you've written, Wayne...

And I have come to this conclusion after about five minutes of reflection and considering the story as I saw it covered...

1. Parents like this are one of the reasons I stopped teaching- completely uninvolved and unaware.

2. From other news coverage, the fence was inadequare- evidenced by the zoo's decision to replace it with taller fence.

3. The zoo staff did an equally abysmal job of being human as the mother of this kid.

Charlie Larkin

I'm getting prepared to be irked today.  A big nasty storm is headed our way with several inches of rain and high winds.  We picked up all the potential projectiles in the yard, emergency kits packed, plenty of water and food, vehicles and generator gassed up.  I think we're ready, but not.

What she did is not stupidity . . . it is depravity.  Even smart people can be depraved.

Edited by Danno

So much for heavy-duty, or was that the old one?

Charlie Larkin

This is the new one not out too long. If it does break I have it covered with insurance to cover lost, stole, or what ever. I am frustrated  of buying a phone when all I do is let it sit on a table and take it with me when i go places. I think they want you to keep returning to buy new ones...

Or he's a genius by playing on the beliefs of others...

Disquieting either way.

Charlie Larkin

Imagine a two-lane street with a third center lane that serves as a left-turn lane for both the northbound and southbound (or eastbound and westbound) traffic lanes. That center lane is continuous and defined by yellow stripes all along the length of the street, and has turning arrows painted on the pavement every hundred feet or so. Obviously a turning lane.

Now imagine the genius who wants to turn left, but stops in the driving lane and sits there instead of pulling into that turn lane. Imagine that genius holding up everyone behind him because he/she is so clueless as to not understand the purpose of that center lane.

:rolleyes: