[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
LokisTyro

What Irked You Today?

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, espo said:

I sliced the side of my finger in much the same manor but with an under counter light fixture. They also glued it back together instead of stitches. I guess now I know what a plastic model must feel like. 

LOL! I never thought of that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

My alarm clock went off this morning. its  such a buzz kill

I bet it does. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trimming bushes with a hedge ttrimmer connected to the weed wacker and didn't get hurt. Thankfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 8:28 AM, ewetwo said:

What irked me Saturday was almost cutting the end of my finger off while using the electric power hedge trimmer. Luckily it missed the nail and bone. Ergent Care glued it back together. I almost fainted once I got there as I'm not good with things like this.

Ouuuuch! I usually end up cutting the cord with my hedge trimmer and glad that the cord is plugged into a GFI so I don't get shocked. I've done this at least three times already and just the other day also. I have a new cord laying in my truck to replace the one I just cut up. When I was working construction and we cut a cord, we were instructed to just toss it and not fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High octane said:

Ouuuuch! I usually end up cutting the cord with my hedge trimmer and glad that the cord is plugged into a GFI so I don't get shocked. I've done this at least three times already and just the other day also. I have a new cord laying in my truck to replace the one I just cut up. When I was working construction and we cut a cord, we were instructed to just toss it and not fix it.

I have a Ryobi 18 volt cordless trimmer. Works great LOL! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ewetwo said:

I have a Ryobi 18 volt cordless trimmer. Works great LOL! 

I have a LOT of bushes to trim so I don't think that a cordless would work out for me that well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out from Flickr that I can't log into my account anymore, because I'm one of those Neanderthals still running XP. This is four months after I paid for unlimited service. Thanks loads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long Island NY humidity 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵Sucks.😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow,I was just in the middle of a brief ten minute tropical storm that ripped across a field at a car show I was attending.We all had to run for cover:o..Just glad my car had a top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No accomplishments this weekend!

My goal was to power wash the deck around the pool.  Yesterday, I got a slow start because I took the Buick  for inspection.   I finally get home after lunch and drag the power washer up to the pool.  It's hot and humid, at least I'll be wet.  Then I notice the sky getting angry... I go in the house and all hell breaks loose!  A storm rolls through with hail and the emergency warnings go off on our phones.  Our power goes out!  Storm is over, it's now nice and cool out.  Everything is wet and and the sun is back out like nothing ever happened, still we don't have power.  It finally comes back on as it's getting dark. No power washing!

Today I get out there early and start.  I get about half done and the hose on the power washer blows out!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Wow,I was just in the middle of a brief ten minute tropical storm that ripped across a field at a car show I was attending.We all had to run for cover:o..Just glad my car had a top.

That's why I prefer the Station Wagon Jeeps to the Sorority Girl/Frat Boy Jeeps, solid roofs that don't leak unless they're rotted out or have sun roofs!

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost forgot, started raining here just before I got home with lunch and when I finally got out of the 200, it started to pour. Once I got in the house, I discovered my wallet fell out of my pocket and was out in the rain. Ran back out to get it and found it soaked on the drive next to the car, grabbed it and went back in, shirted soaked so bad it made a slurping sound as I took it off. The wallet is still drying out but the contents that weren't needed were fully destroyed and the rest has dried out.

Here's how it looked before the storm got here.20190630_133427.thumb.jpg.248f5fad1caff4051b80062a08e27b1f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

Almost forgot, started raining here just before I got home with lunch and when I finally got out of the 200, it started to pour. Once I got in the house, I discovered my wallet fell out of my pocket and was out in the rain. Ran back out to get it and found it soaked on the drive next to the car, grabbed it and went back in, shirted soaked so bad it made a slurping sound as I took it off. The wallet is still drying out but the contents that weren't needed were fully destroyed and the rest has dried out.

Here's how it looked before the storm got here.

Musta been bad. I heard on the news that the Pride Parade was rained out. (Gotta be a rainbow joke of some kind in there somewhere, but I'll let someone else make it.) :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Musta been bad. I heard on the news that the Pride Parade was rained out. (Gotta be a rainbow joke of some kind in there somewhere, but I'll let someone else make it.) :unsure:

It was here in the Suburbs, it was windy enough that there are branches down in the area from it and I tried not to park next to Dad's van and my XJ when I got home earlier that day due to the tree in the back, which was good since there were branches down in the yard when I got home. My friend with the 3 cats had thought about heading down from Michigan for the parade, but it's probably good that he didn't if that was the case.  Should be interesting to hear what happened with coworker and her family that was in town this weekend, they were going to go into the city for something as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Almost forgot, started raining here just before I got home with lunch and when I finally got out of the 200, it started to pour. Once I got in the house, I discovered my wallet fell out of my pocket and was out in the rain. Ran back out to get it and found it soaked on the drive next to the car, grabbed it and went back in, shirted soaked so bad it made a slurping sound as I took it off. The wallet is still drying out but the contents that weren't needed were fully destroyed and the rest has dried out.

Here's how it looked before the storm got here.20190630_133427.thumb.jpg.248f5fad1caff4051b80062a08e27b1f.jpg

Do you live in Illinois?Is that even the right spelling?That looks like a mean sky..All I know was the storm came off the LI Sound,and swept east on LI.Taking down a lot of trees and wires.Something told me to skip the car show, but I went anyway.I Learned my lesson,I have to listen to the weather next time:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Do you live in Illinois?Is that even the right spelling?That looks like a mean sky..All I know was the storm came off the LI Sound,and swept east on LI.Taking down a lot of trees and wires.Something told me to skip the car show, but I went anyway.I Learned my lesson,I have to listen to the weather next time:lol:

You got it, spelling wise, just remember that the S at the end is silent, like in Des Moines and not spoken like Des Plaines:lol:

I have seen and driven through worse than this though. One time I had to buy new wipers for my XJ before heading home from the Job I had at the time because it was going to rain and the blades it had were shot, so I stopped at the Walmart a few miles up the road from where I took that picture and bought new blades and tried to change them before leaving, only to find they didn't fit. At that point, I was too wet to get back in it and walked back into the store through a downpour so bad I could barely see where I was walking, only to have the old lady greeter rip into me for going out into that storm. I had to bite my tongue to keep from going back at her and just head to the men's department to buy dry clothes so I could walk back out, get the wrong blades (I think there was some sort of blade swap that happened and I bought the results), exchange them for the right ones, changed them in conditions that weren't near as damp before heading home angry and still fairly wet.  I later found out that there was a funnel cloud sighting near that store about that same time:o

Edited by Joe Handley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Musta been bad. I heard on the news that the Pride Parade was rained out. (Gotta be a rainbow joke of some kind in there somewhere, but I'll let someone else make it.) :unsure:

Nah, only the last half hour of it 5d19ed3c22b5d_rainbowemoji.jpg.2eb16b47530b1a6422f162a76d21b8a8.jpg . Up here we got a lot of dark clouds, a bit of wind, a little bit of rain, and that was that; my brother in Libertyville got a lot more rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a trumpeter Falcon on eBay . Coming from China . I order from China from time to time and never had a problem . Anyway , tracking showed it was delivered today . In Oakdale New York ! I live in Arizona ! eBay returning my payment . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone received any calls from someone saying that they need to talk to you on the phone about a criminal investigation?I received a call yesterday from someone who claimed to be from Social security.They told me there is an open investigation for money laundering in the state of TX.Ive never been to TX.The guy on the phone was trying to keep me on the phone for as long as possible.Now I have heard and read about scammers calling people up,and try keeping them on the phone for as long as possible to run up a huge bill,and charge your phone and steal your money.Has anyone ever dealt with something like this?I eventually hung up.He was trying to get as much info as possible,telling me that he was trying to help me,before the case went to the FBI.IDK????

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cobraman said:

I ordered a trumpeter Falcon on eBay . Coming from China . I order from China from time to time and never had a problem . Anyway , tracking showed it was delivered today . In Oakdale New York ! I live in Arizona ! eBay returning my payment . 

Not that it matters at all,but I live about 20 mins from Oakdale NY on LI...I have dealt with this before.I order something,get a tracking number and then find out that my order went to a completely different address.My suggestion is to call your local PO,or Fedex,UPS,or whoever is supposed to be delivering your order,and explain the situation to them.Plus try to contact the shipper.It is a very strong possibility that you simply received the wrong tracking number.That does happen from time to time.But it is still good that eBay returned your payment.Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Has anyone received any calls from someone saying that they need to talk to you on the phone about a criminal investigation?I received a call yesterday from someone who claimed to be from Social security.They told me there is an open investigation for money laundering in the state of TX.Ive never been to TX.The guy on the phone was trying to keep me on the phone for as long as possible.Now I have heard and read about scammers calling people up,and try keeping them on the phone for as long as possible to run up a huge bill,and charge your phone and steal your money.Has anyone ever dealt with something like this?I eventually hung up.He was trying to get as much info as possible,telling me that he was trying to help me,before the case went to the FBI.IDK????

Thanks

Yup, one or two of those, also got one about how $300 was going to be withdrawn from my checking account if I didn't call asap to stop it. Found on the latter one, the scammers are trying to sucker you into giving them your bank info to stop that $300 from being removed, then use it to gain access to your acct.  I even had one robocall that claimed to be a sheriff's deputy, even though it was obviously a robocaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe Handley said:

Yup, one or two of those, also got one about how $300 was going to be withdrawn from my checking account if I didn't call asap to stop it. Found on the latter one, the scammers are trying to sucker you into giving them your bank info to stop that $300 from being removed, then use it to gain access to your acct.  I even had one robocall that claimed to be a sheriff's deputy, even though it was obviously a robocaller.

Oh yea I’ve received calls in the past like that.I would never give anyone my SS#,or any bank acct info.It was just that the call made me nervous because the guy on the other line was accusing me of a federal crime,and that if I don’t cooperate,a US Marshal and local police were going to come to my house and arrest me.Meanwhile my family and friends said it was definitely a scam,and to simply just not answer if they call back.I have a cousin who works for law enforcement,and he said the same thing.Its just that it is so easy nowadays to gain info on someone,via the internet.I like using the inter web,as I call it,but you really have to be careful about any info you post.Thats why I’am hardly on FB.

Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I simply do not answer unsolicited phone calls. One if you answer then it flags its an active line. Two, some of the scams try to get you to respond in a certain way. For example they will ask you if they can be heard to get you to say yes and then sign you up for something. Its safer to not answer. Most robo calls don't leave messages. If there is a message don't auto dial back. If its your bank call back on a number you know is legit. Same goes for emails. If no message I will check the number online however with the fake numbers nothing shows up normally. I block those phone numbers.

The big ploy of all of the scams is to panic you into acting. There is always an urgency that you respond immediately. Your mantra should be to never give any information out regardless of how urgent the situation may seem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly what the above said! Just never answer these calls. I get calls all the time with no message left. The ones that leave a message are so stupid to believe they make my wife and I laugh. The most annoying ones we've gotten for years is directed to our son from collection agencies sometimes very demanding. He's been married for years, has a house, bought cars, and a full time job all his life but they keep claiming he owes money and they just don't give up. Odd thing is they never contact him and don't you think if he really did owe something that one of these big transactions would know this? Just all BS scams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Has anyone received any calls from someone saying that they need to talk to you on the phone about a criminal investigation?I received a call yesterday from someone who claimed to be from Social security.They told me there is an open investigation for money laundering in the state of TX.Ive never been to TX.The guy on the phone was trying to keep me on the phone for as long as possible.Now I have heard and read about scammers calling people up,and try keeping them on the phone for as long as possible to run up a huge bill,and charge your phone and steal your money.Has anyone ever dealt with something like this?I eventually hung up.He was trying to get as much info as possible,telling me that he was trying to help me,before the case went to the FBI.IDK????

Thanks

Ron, the government always does its business by mail.  The smart scammers will not use the mail service because that is mail fraud and the government still takes this very seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now