Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Let's lay off the political commentary, gentlemen. I'm sure we all have an opinion on Obamacare (I know I sure do!)... but politics are off-limits here.

BTW, as far as doctors running behind and you having to wait despite having an appointment... I'm sure that people who show up late for their appointment (it happens all the time) can mess up the doctor's schedule for the day for subsequent patients.

ISPs and cable companies all suck at different levels..

I've had a bunch over the years--Comcast, Cox, Adelphia (any remember them?)

For the last 10 years or so, I've kept all my email and contacts in Gmail after migrating from Yahoo before that, so I never lose any email if a computer dies or when I move or change ISPs. I don't trust them..

You're absolutely right. I'd started using non-ISP -linked email services, but I'd lazily and stupidly not completed moving everything over. Mea culpa, at least in part.

And yes, I remember Cox and Adelphia and MindSpring and more...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I got the house pressure washed today and started the driveway. The surface cleaner thing I bought last year wouldn't spin so I had to go all the way to Home Depot to buy a new one. Driveway tomorrow (I hope).

How do you hang your toilet paper? Mine rolls over the top.

How do you hang your toilet paper? Mine rolls over the top.

Hmm...I don't put mine in the holder, it's mounted at an awkward angle for me (I'm right handled), so I just pile up a few rolls on top of the tank (and keep a 48 pack in the bathroom closet). But in the guest bathrooms I put it in coming from under, don't care for the over-the-top paradigm.

Edited by Rob Hall

You do now, or get fined. We cant afford it either, so we had to buy the cheapest policy we could get, with a $13,000 deductible on EVERYTHING but preventative.

yup, I'm at $1300 a month for the wife and I for health insurance, no dental or glasses either... just health. I get no subsidy or discount, but my provider informs me that I'm paying a 5% tax as part of my bill to support that friggin program. And no I didn't vote for these idiots.

So I decided I needed a display case for the Biscayne model I am building for a friend. I go to Hobby Lobby because I know they sell them and they are closer than any hobby shop I go to. Anyway, I get home and the darned car does not fit !!! Case is suposed to fit a 1/25 model but I guess not a full size one. I never thought I should have measured the car and then the case. Just my luck.

biscaynedisplay001_zps8ce5ed5e.jpg

So I decided I needed a display case for the Biscayne model I am building for a friend. I go to Hobby Lobby because I know they sell them and they are closer than any hobby shop I go to. Anyway, I get home and the darned car does not fit !!! Case is suposed to fit a 1/25 model but I guess not a full size one. I never thought I should have measured the car and then the case. Just my luck.

Aw, quit your whining (just joking) and shorten the model. Maybe something like this...

Phaeton-Mirage.jpg:lol:;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Well Bill........ Thats one way to go but how do I convice my buddy to cut a couple feet out of his Biscayne ?

Well, I assume you're building a model of your buddy's car, and the model is too long to fit the display box. So, out of appreciation for you building a model of his car, if he's any kind of friend at all, he should be happy to cut those couple of feet out of his Biscayne, right?

I'm just trying to apply the same kind of logic here that gets you fined if you can't afford (shhhh!!!) health insurance.

Not politics. Just an illustration of applied logic, or lack thereof. <_<

Absolutely NOTHING! Got the driveway pressure washed. It's Friday, so tonight is pizza, pool, popcorn, and WWE Friday Night Smackdown. Don't get better than that.

Jim, you're my kind of guy. The simple things in life are all you need to be happy... ;):D

The increasing number of sellers on ebay that won't leave feedback on transactions. I currently have five transactions that I still haven't received feedback on. I won't leave feedback for a seller until it has first been left for me. When I pay for an item same or next day, I've done my part and can do no more. Some of the sellers have less feedback than I do. One only has sixteen. You would think that feedback would be pretty important to a seller that's just getting started. I've even had sellers who have had the nerve to send me a message demanding to know why I haven't left feedback for them. I always simply reply, "you first". Some will then leave feedback. Some still won't. Maybe feedback isn't as important to sellers as it used to be? As a buyer only, I really don't care if I get feedback. It just irks me when I start getting messages and emails from ebay or the seller.

The increasing number of sellers on ebay that won't leave feedback on transactions. I currently have five transactions that I still haven't received feedback on. I won't leave feedback for a seller until it has first been left for me.

As a buyer, I leave feedback when I've received the item, regardless of whether the seller leaves feedback. Not sure why I'd wait on the seller to leave feedback first..

As a buyer, I leave feedback when I've received the item, regardless of whether the seller leaves feedback. Not sure why I'd wait on the seller to leave feedback first..

As do I , my understanding is Ebay has made it pretty much useless the feedback that sellers give buyers.