Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

That's Tom hisownself.

Das right.... Dan would know since we spent the weekend together! :P

That's me doing the NNL East awards this year... John Papp sent me the photo. I figured no sense in hiding!

Edited by Tom Geiger

I completely trashed the paint job on my 32 Vicky, now have to completely strip it and start over. Darn shame too, as it was really looking sweet.

man...I hate when that happens, but I hate it more when it happens to me. ;)

So, I'm building a set of 5 USAF Thunderbirds aircraft(yea, I know not a car but I am getting there) and the decals are just crazy complex with all kinds of pencil thin lines that have to meet at certain points and decals that are in multiple part(because they go over a compound curve) and have to join precisely and a point. One screw up and I am! So, the decal sheet, in the numbers that they produce can't cost a whole lot of money. They know how difficult these decals are, why couldn't they put in an extra sheet or make the sheet a little larger and put in extras of the ones that are going to be hard to get down? A couple of bucks extra for a kit with extra decals? Yea, I would pay that in a heartbeat!

They know how difficult these decals are, why couldn't they put in an extra sheet or make the sheet a little larger and put in extras of the ones that are going to be hard to get down?

Because that would be logical! :rolleyes: Even Ikea gives you a couple extra screws in the bag!

I recently was screwed by the decal sheet in the Revell of Germany Trabant. The decals on the wheel hubs are microscopic and you are centering them onto the curved wheel hub. Of the four decals, I lost two of them... literally lost as they are so small. One of them got stuck to the back of my finger nail! They could've easily put eight of them on the sheet at no extra cost.

PS- Don't worry about me, a buddy of mine gave me four extras he had since he didn't use them on his kit. He saw how tiny they were and decided no way!

A couple of bucks extra for a kit with extra decals? Yea, I would pay that in a heartbeat!

A couple of extra decals on the sheet wouldn't cost them a thing. Seems like it would be a "common courtesy" to their customers.

Did you know that "mano a mano" literally translates as "hand to hand?" Not "man to man."

Your free Español 101 lesson for the day... :D

Thanks for not charging. ^_^

But your Chicago-issue Spanish-to-English dictionary doesn't hang out with the street-vernacular dudes who run South Phoenix; also known as Norte Mexico.

Proper English/Proper Spanish versus spanglish aka street slanguage. (All foreign in Utah.)

But, even so, we also had a little de hombre a hombre alto consumo de cerveza in any language or dialect. B)

was the moron supposed to give you the old hard drive back?

Yes, and cloning it again would have been a viable option, but after going round and round a bit, the owner of the shop was able to find the backup his people made of the old drive and do a clean transfer on to the new drive. Just got her back today, and she seems to be a very happy machine indeed. Got a separate internal terabyte backup drive now too, just in case.

Had to put our old doggy down yesterday. We had her for 17 years and she was blind, deaf and half out of her mind for the last month. Physically I swear she was in near tip top condition for a 17 year old dog but her brain was just wore smooth out. While not being the brightest candle on the birthday cake, she was a sweet old girl and she'll be missed.

At this past Christmas:

Christmas%20at%20the%20Shaws%20House%200

Overslept by quite a bit this morning then did something to pull my lower back at work. Hopefully the 2 Tylenol I hust took will hold me over until after work, then I have a nice, long relaxing drive to the nursing facility Mom is in to try and recouperate further.