Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Nah, I don't think so.  

Operating System/Software/Malware conflicts plaguing the whole d@#n operation.   :angry:

Slower than my first Tandy.   :wacko:

Worst part is . . . I'm trying to crank out productivity before GoodGuys but I don't have time to troubleshoot all the little electrons.  So, they have me hostage til next week.   :blink:

At least it mostly missed my car, and the limb on the roof didn't dent it.

Well, Christopher this almost could have been in Pleased Me also given the miss. Well if the Tree is Hardwood dry that sucker out and use it for slow smoking or chunks for Grilling. There's Nothing wrong with Lemons. It's just What you do with 'em!

It's suppose to snow anywhere from 1" to 2" here today. The radio is say it's going to be a wintery mix with slippery roads. I'm going to my niece's over in St Paul for Thankgiving diner. Not a great distance. And well worth the drive. But, why today? We've had great weather all month. And it's suppose to get nice again by this weekend and into next week. But again, why today when one has to travel?

It's suppose to snow anywhere from 1" to 2" here today. The radio is say it's going to be a wintery mix with slippery roads. I'm going to my niece's over in St Paul for Thankgiving diner. Not a great distance. And well worth the drive. But, why today? We've had great weather all month. And it's suppose to get nice again by this weekend and into next week. But again, why today when one has to travel?

We were very lucky. No where near the snow they predicted. A nice dusting. Little more. Sidewalks, driveways, and streets were warm enough to keep the snow melted. So no need for the snowblower or shovel. Turned out a lot better than expected!

My agravation last night was getting to my sistrrs house no more than 2 miles away. Had two deal with 3 stupid drivers. One was antsy to come out of their driveway right into my path as I wasmaking my left onto that road, second wanted to stop and block the lane and expected me to pull around with a blind hill about 30 feet after him, third was a huge 4x4 that wanted to straddle the yellow line on a narrow two lane row. I just get so tired with self absorded people.

So last Friday we rented a car from Enterprise to take a trip to San Diego to spend the holiday with our daughter. We parked outside her apartment complex and all was fine till Tuesday evening, Going out to the car Wednesday morning I noticed the car ( 2015 Nissan Sentra ) looked like it was leaning. Upon closer inspection I found that the drivers side rear wheel was gone and brake drum was resting on the ground. I could not even install the space saver spare because the jerk (s) even took the lugnuts !! A flatbed picked up the car and we went to the nearest Enterprise for a replacement. Due to the holiday they had no cars !!! We will be able to secure one today.

So last Friday we rented a car from Enterprise to take a trip to San Diego to spend the holiday with our daughter. We parked outside her apartment complex and all was fine till Tuesday evening, Going out to the car Wednesday morning I noticed the car ( 2015 Nissan Sentra ) looked like it was leaning. Upon closer inspection I found that the drivers side rear wheel was gone and brake drum was resting on the ground. I could not even install the space saver spare because the jerk (s) even took the lugnuts !! A flatbed picked up the car and we went to the nearest Enterprise for a replacement. Due to the holiday they had no cars !!! We will be able to secure one today.

Wow, that Really Sucks......  Well hopefully the visit went well and you got to enjoy both a Great Meal with Family and a Fresh Seafood Dinner or to while on the Coast.

It sucked but we didn't let it ruin our nice dinner on Thursday. Daughter had a total of 10 family members over and we had a great time. Got our replacement rental car today for our trip back to Arizona tomorrow. They gave us a Velositor (? ) . Not a bad little car ( our so it seems ) . Then we hit the San Diego Zoo for a few hours.

Had to leave my car at my mechanic's tonight for what he figures will be just over $1,100 worth of work. And he's the best and cheapest mechanic I know. For that price, the old Buick is getting a new water pump, serpentine belt, valve cover and intake manifold gaskets, plus a new plastic intake plenum. Not bad for a car with 122,000 miles on it, that still runs great. It's a 2000 LeSabre with the 3800 V-6. Overall it's been a cheap car to keep running. This is the first real major work, if you can call it that, made to the engine. So I really shouldn't complain. Still, a nice chunk of change I was hoping not to spend.

Thankfully I finished my Christmas shopping this year, before Thanksgiving. So, it won't be as big of a burden as it could be at this time of year.

Hard to beleive my Buick is now 16 years old. It still runs and looks great. I'm hoping it can go at least 16 years before I need to replace it. I'm that happy with the car.