Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

From Yahoo's Home Page....

Disney’s problematic princess: why Snow White is forever being cancelled

It's because of the non-consensual kiss of the Prince to Show White.  My guess was they were lobbying to change it to Snow White and the Seven Vertically Challenged.

UPS apparently now operates on the cable-service-provider business model.

Estimated delivery window: 10:00 AM-NOON.

It's now 4:15 PM, and who knows when it'll get here.

The shipment is too valuable to just let 'em leave it on the porch. 

So, as I had a few things to do around the house, I figgered I'd wait, and still be able to work a half day.

Dumb move.

Missing a full day's work costs me $300- $500, depending on exactly what I'm working on.

I could have had the damm shipment dropped at the closest UPS store for "only" an extra $5.99, and picked it up at MY convenience.

Next time...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY

54 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

UPS apparently now operates on the cable-service-provider business model.

Estimated delivery window: 10:00 AM-NOON.

When did the package actually arrive?

On 5/2/2021 at 8:50 AM, bobthehobbyguy said:

High winds, low humidity, and high temperatures. We got only 10 in of the normal 30 in we get in a normal rainy season. Too early for this. Its going to be a long summer.

maybe a few summers... judging from the footage provided by Juan Browne of the depleted lakes/reservoirs in that area, it looks like another dry cycle

1 hour ago, DonW said:

When did the package actually arrive?

...delivered 5:59 PM.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Saturday, 05/08/2021
Estimated Delivery Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Hello, your package has been delivered.

Delivery Date: Saturday, 05/08/2021
Delivery Time: 05:58 PM
Left At: MET CUST MAN
Edited by Ace-Garageguy
PROOF

FedEx left a package on my porch yesterday that had a non-existent house number and name of no one at my house.  (the non matching address of my house is on the side of the mailbox below where the driver left it!)  I thought maybe the shipper transposed numbers but no one of that name on the street (or they are rents so cant find through the Auditor's website.  I tried to go through the FedEx website but it wouldn't take my info so I had to call.  On the third try (the first two times the automated system said I cant change the tracking number as I was not the shipper), I finally got a lady that was, well, not these shores.  I told her their driver left the package and the wrong address and she said she would contact the driver to pick it up.  She asked where the package would be and I told her on the front porch where he originally left it.  I omitted that I placed it there like Ace Ventura Pet Detective did.  (That is usually how I know I hear a package delivered to my porch....from well outside the three point line).  They picked it up some time late this afternoon.

image.jpeg.7159a3a9b08bd253cad227612fc941a8.jpeg

I had a Fed Ex email that a package was out for delivery between 10-12 pm today.   Then another email that said 1-3pm.  it finally came around 4pm.  Was from my employer, something to be opened on the all-hands Zoom call next week...some sort of corporate swag. 

53 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I had a Fed Ex email that a package was out for delivery between 10-12 pm today.   Then another email that said 1-3pm.  it finally came around 4pm...

Not much better than mine, but my package was an expensive set of Ohaus scales I need to mix aircraft-spec epoxy next Monday. It was supposed to be here Friday, but got bumped to Saturday, apparently due to exceptionally heavy volume.

And it wouldn't be much of an issue if I worked from home...but except for some fairly infrequent paperwork, research and design, and billing, I can't.

Add to that that I'd slated this weekend to pick up three engines, an engine hoist, several bike fairings, a ton of tools, and a Jag from a friend's basement.

MOST of these things HAVE to be moved during non-inclement weather, and there's simply not enough time tomorrow to get it all done before the forecast rains in the PM and Monday.

Plus, I'm rapidly using up my remaining time here in the moldy, rusty, Swampeast prior to moving West.

I just don't have hours to burn waiting around for anything.

In the event, I DID get a lot accomplished, but not at all what I NEEDED to get done today.

Life as an adult can be frustrating...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY and ACCURACY

I got laid off again.....(five months to the day, after being hired)

Tuesday the Boss had a big meeting telling us about how low revenue was, and high high payroll was. He Exhorted us to do Bigger, Better things. 

Friday afternoon, myself, and one newly hired data entry clerk were "laid off due to lack of work".

That line is good enough to convince the California EDD (Employment Development Department), that the layoff is COVID related. I'll be on the phone all day tomorrow, trying to find out what to do.

And yes, I have no doubt that my 5 Week absence due to eye surgery, my have influenced the decision. I was back for only 5 days, since Monday. Friday, I'm gone. T

his job has been showing Red Flags since a week after I hired on. Too many thing never quite fit. First they had Plenty of money, and they bought lavish Christmas gifts. (I hired on 10 days too late to get anything) Now, the cash flow is drying up, and it is time to "Tighten up the Belt".  And, over the months, it has become more and more obvious that the owner and his wife are Gifted Grifters.  I've been looking to move anyhow. They just did it a month earlier than I was planning.

I'll be okay.

Added, For those who don't know, the EDD in California, is where all Un-employment paperwork is filed. It is a vast place. But, it will need to be dealt with. That is why I'll spend Monday on the phone, trying to fill out the papers correctly, so they don't get kicked back. 

Sorry to hear Alan! But you will land on your feet!

My wife had heart surgery six years ago. Two weeks after she returned to work, she got laid off.  

I’ve been sitting out the Covid mess, but recruiters have been finding me. I had a good interview a few weeks ago and recruiter said they were putting together an offer.  This week? The guy who wanted to hire me got fired!

I may start looking. I’m tired of being home.

i ordered blue colored embossing powder to use as carpet for my 65 corvette model from amazon. it was supposed to be delivered friday, then it got pushed to sunday. today (sunday), the order was cancelled because it is no longer in stock. i just dont understand how the prime 2 day shipping is still taking 5+ days

i had to order it from a different seller, but that is saying it could take 2 weeks. i might just start a new kit until this arrives

Edited by youpey

40 minutes ago, youpey said:

i ordered blue colored embossing powder to use as carpet for my 65 corvette model from amazon. it was supposed to be delivered friday, then it got pushed to sunday. today (sunday), the order was cancelled because it is no longer in stock. i just dont understand how the prime 2 day shipping is still taking 5+ days

i had to order it from a different seller, but that is saying it could take 2 weeks. i might just start a new kit until this arrives

Is there a Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or Jo-Ann Fabrics near you? Some of them carry embossing powders. I bought mine at a HL a couple years ago. 

40 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Is there a Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or Jo-Ann Fabrics near you? Some of them carry embossing powders. I bought mine at a HL a couple years ago. 

I do have a hobby lobby about 20 or 30 minutes. its worth the drive though so i dont lose my motivation on finishing the corvette that im so close to finishing

On 5/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, Snake45 said:

In the meantime, I talked myself into wanting and buying another air rifle from the original vendor I was trying to deal with. Ordered it Monday, it arrived today, YAY! Its a nice looking piece and very much what I expected, BUT it had a broken part right in the box, and the front sight was canted to one side to a noticeable and disturbing degree. :angry: Contacted their customer service immediately, haven't heard back yet. I plan to send it back for replacement unless they can tell me how to fix/adjust it to my satisfaction. Or unless they offer me at least a 25% discount as a "factory second" or damaged good. 

Still waiting for the first rifle I ordered, which is expected Monday. :unsure:

First rifle I ordered hasn't yet showed up on USPS tracking, and it was supposed to be delivered today. 

Still haven't heard back from customer service on the second rifle, so I sent them a second email today. Meanwhile, I figgered out how to adjust the front sight back to straight-up, which was the dealbreaker. Have now fired ten shots through the thing and I think I like it. The broken part is mainly cosmetic and I can live with it (or maybe even fix it), especially if they offer me some sort of concession. I don't think it would be worth the hassle of returning it, waiting for a replacement (which, given the apparent current situation in the airgun world, who knows if a replacement is even available at this time?), and then sweating damage and functionality of the replacement. :unsure:

On 5/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, alexis said:

Added, For those who don't know, the EDD in California, is where all Un-employment paperwork is filed. It is a vast place. But, it will need to be dealt with. That is why I'll spend Monday on the phone, trying to fill out the papers correctly, so they don't get kicked back. 

Alan sorry about your lay off and I really do hope something good happens for you soon…

On 5/9/2021 at 10:49 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Sorry to hear Alan! But you will land on your feet!

My wife had heart surgery six years ago. Two weeks after she returned to work, she got laid off.  

I’ve been sitting out the Covid mess, but recruiters have been finding me. I had a good interview a few weeks ago and recruiter said they were putting together an offer.  This week? The guy who wanted to hire me got fired!

I may start looking. I’m tired of being home.

Tom, I hope you find something your happy with. Going to keep good thoughts for you and Alan..

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

...I can live with it (or maybe even fix it), especially if they offer me some sort of concession. I don't think it would be worth the hassle of returning it, waiting for a replacement (which, given the apparent current situation in the airgun world, who knows if a replacement is even available at this time?), and then sweating damage and functionality of the replacement. :unsure:

I'm beginning to think this way myself lately. Every other shipment I get seems to be damaged, but if it's barely good enough, I'm just getting on with fixing whatever the issue is rather than waiting for some salaried mouth-breather who knows nothing and cares less to make it right...and who-knows-what kind of shipping foul-ups.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I'm beginning to think this way myself lately. Every other shipment I get seems to be damaged, but if it's barely good enough, I'm just getting on with fixing whatever the issue is rather than waiting for some salaried mouth-breather who knows nothing and cares less to make it right...and who-knows-what kind of shipping foul-ups.

The funny part is, I had a lively email exchange going with one of the customer service people BEFORE I actually placed the order. Haven't heard a word from him/them since they got my money. Though I have to say, the shipment speed was very impressive. So is the product itself, or would be without the broken part. :unsure:

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Snake, I know you can not receive mail or photos through this site but if you would care to share your email address I would send you some pics of an interest we both share. Nothing shady, just firearms.

No problem. B)

SnakeACP45 at AOL dot com

Another delivery problem and this time it's FedEx. Micro-Mark sent a package over a week ago and Fed-Ex tracking had delivery for Monday May 10th. Then the familiar and dreaded "in transit" came up showing it was in Vancouver, WA on Sunday. Yesterday had the same thing and now today (Tuesday) shows "pending" and no delivery date.

This seems to be the usual situation with all delivery companies anymore. Can't anybody do their job anymore?

I'm being deluged by email "job offers." I have no idea if any of these is even legit--they might all be spam, phishing, or multi-level sales offers. I don't open them. Must get at least a dozen a day. 

This is especially weird because I haven't been job hunting in over a year, and when I am looking for a job, I have a special email for that, I NEVER use my normal everyday email. 

I've done business with two new online vendors in the last week or so, and I can only think that one or both of them sold my name and email. 

I get emails from 4-5 recruiters daily.   Some are relevant and in my area or 100% remote, but many are for positions only slightly matching my skill set and not local...even more annoying is many of these recruiters aren't based in my area but are out of the country, barely can communicate in English, or have no comprehension of my state's geography.       I'm not looking for a new gig, started a new one in Feb that I've enjoying.