Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

15 hours ago, MrMiles said:

i ordered delivery from pizza unos. my wife got pizza and i ordered pasta with vodka sauce. they gave me regular marinara sauce. thankfully doordash agrees that its not close enough to right and gave me my money back for the pasta. 

Gee Miles,that must have been so upsetting.🙄😧Lol.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yah, the First World Problems are almost unbearable these day, aren't they? :lol:

Reminded me of the old Robert Klein Song "Middle Class Blues." Youtube doesn't seem to have it, but IIRC the lyrics went something like: 

"Woke up this morning, looked out and saw both cars were gone,

Woke up this morning, looked out and saw both cars were gone, 

I got so low-down deep depressed, Lawd,

I threw my drink across the lawn...."

:lol:

4 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

well considering marinara sauce gives me issues with my stomach, it would have wasted my money if i wasnt refunded. certain foods trigger the issue for me... but maybe next time i will just keep things to myself, no reason to share stuff on a message board and have a good time. 

god forbid

(also thread is what irked you, not what ruined your day. trying to have a nice meal with my wife messed up by getting the wrong thing does irk me)

Edited by MrMiles

37 minutes ago, MrMiles said:

well considering marinara sauce gives me issues with my stomach, it would have wasted my money if i wasnt refunded. certain foods trigger the issue for me... but maybe next time i will just keep things to myself, no reason to share stuff on a message board and have a good time. 

god forbid

(also thread is what irked you, not what ruined your day. trying to have a nice meal with my wife messed up by getting the wrong thing does irk me)

No Miles,sorry I was just joking around...No that seriously can be annoying.My friend does door dash,and a lot of times the restaurants get the orders wrong,and he’s gotta run around to keep his customers happy.Definitely A pretty tough job.

4 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Interesting that Doordash refunds your money when it was the restaurants fault. I don't use these services so don't know how it works.

Me either.If I want food,I’ll get in my car,and go buy it at the store,or a restaurant.He’s got customers ordering tiny little ice cream sundays, or appetizers to have delivered.m across towns..Hey get off your asses and go buy it yourself.And I don’t want to hear about the all famous Covid excuse.

31 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Interesting that Doordash refunds your money when it was the restaurants fault. I don't use these services so don't know how it works.

They are really good if you have the membership. A while back i ordered a large sub and the gave me a mini. My wife got food too.

I asked doordash what to do and they refund the entire order and 10 dollars above that.

I dont complain often but when i do, they are amazing. 

However, other times they are terrible. i guess it depends on who you get

Ordered the dog meds on line and it took a week to get from FL to OH.  The sad part was it took just two days to get from FL to Indianapolis and the tracking showed it sat there for two days and then locally at the depot in OH for two days.  Four days to make the journey I could knock out in about four hours round trip.  I send a note to the company to let them know as I may order from another source it they cant find a better shipper and they made excuses for the post office being understaffed and a significant increase of packages.  Seriously?

The USPS tracker showed the meds delivered in/near the mailbox.  They were not there.  20 minutes later I hear the mail carrier having a conversation on my front porch so I hustle (as much as a fat guy can) to ask where the box is.  She was on her phone having a conversation so it took me a couple doors away to catch her.  She said she put it at the side door because of the sign on the door.  WTH?? The sign on the door asks that packages not be left AGAINST the door (as the FedEx guy sets the dog food bags against the door so you cant get out the door to grab them).  So instead she left the small cardboard box out in the rain by the side door instead of in the mail box or on the covered porch.  (BTW, it was flea meds so it was in a cardboard box itself but the exterior box soaked up all the rain).  I sent a note to the USPS and they blamed it on the carrier covering for the regular one.  Funny the ten year old that delivered the Girl Scout cookies was able to understand the sign.

I've found Grubhub to be consistently more error-free than Doordash...never sure if the error is with the service or the restaurants.    I do like food delivery, makes sense in bad weather or busy days when I don't feel like driving 4-10 miles to a specific restaurant.  Hard to beat the convenience of food delivered to the door... 

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I've found Grubhub to be consistently more error-free than Doordash...never sure if the error is with the service or the restaurants.    I do like food delivery, makes sense in bad weather or busy days when I don't feel like driving 4-10 miles to a specific restaurant.  Hard to beat the convenience of food delivered to the door... 

i tried grubhub twice. both times the estimated delivery was about 45 minutes and both times it was more than twice as long as the estimate. once i even called and cancelled because it was close to 2 hours and still not delivered

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

... Hard to beat the convenience of food delivered to the door... 

Hard to beat the convenience of preparing what I want when I want it.

Always better than restaurant fare, healthy first-quality ingredients, on time, hot (or cold, as desired), and delicious. Highly cost-effective for really great meals, no tipping, and no BS.

But hey...that's just old-self-reliant-Luddite me.    B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Haha 1

Tried to shoot one of my new airguns for the first time this morning, and it wasn't having any. :angry: The problem seems to be with the magazine/CO2 reservoir. It has a 90 day warranty and 60-day money-back guarantee from the vendor, both of which should still be good. I emailed the vendor with my diagnosis of the problem and suggested several solutions that don't involve the time, effort or expense of sending the whole gun back to them. We'll see what happens, but I told them if they have to send the whole gun back, I'll just ask for my money back and re-order it from another vendor who offers a "test fire" service for a nominal price, so I can be sure I get one that works. 

I've bought five new airguns in the past few months. Three of them have performed perfectly and exceeded my expectations. One seems to be experiencing some "break-in bugs" but it does work most of the time and I'm fairly happy with it. Today's is the only one of the five I've had any REAL problem with. 

I am REALLY enjoying shooting these things in my basement for just pennies a session! No heat, rain, or other weather worries! No ammo shortages or mega-high prices! No other jerks to deal with at the range! No drive across town to the range! Just happy, happy trigger time! What's not to like? :D

UPDATE: Already heard back from the vendor's customer service, and they're sending me a replacement magazine to test, no charge, no argument at all! Can't complain about that! :D The vendor, BTW, is Airgundepot.com. Good people! B)

Edited by Snake45

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

I can cook a bit and enjoy grilling burgers, hot dogs, steaks etc in the summer, but if I want a good pizza, Thai curry,  Indian tikka masala, tacos, etc I get it delivered or take out..

Pizza's about the only thing I can't do in-house...just because I don't currently have a real oven.

Indian or Thai, Chinese or Asian, Mexican, Greek, Italian, German, Polish, English, French, etc., no problem. 

I probably have as many cookbooks as car reference books, and really enjoy the total change of pace from other creative outlets.

Some of my favorites are old railroad dining car recipes, from the time when travel was a big deal. Very rich standard "American" food.

That said, every now and then, I'll buy a bag of Krystals or Taco Bell or McD's or KFC...but only if I'm in the neighborhood for something else anyway.   :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Having time to do a lot of cooking is a luxury.  Maybe in retirement some day. 

Yeah, it takes a big 5 minutes of actual work to make a sandwich, a whopping ten minutes to make a burger, and about 15 to make spaghetti with sauce from almost scratch. Stir-fry, tacos, enchiladas, ditto. Geu-u-ine lamb vindaloo Indian curry maybe about 20 minutes of prep, and then the sauce simmers quite nicely unattended while the rice cooks. A pot roast with all the trimmings is also about 10 minutes of actual work. Oh, the humanity.

I still work full time and own my business...which eats up almost as much time in admin as I spend generating revenue...so I only do "serious" cooking on weekend nights. I've never really thought of cooking for myself as a "luxury". It's just something I do.

But as ol' Henry Ford is famous for saying "whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right".    B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Tried to shoot one of my new airguns for the first time this morning, and it wasn't having any. :angry: The problem seems to be with the magazine/CO2 reservoir. It has a 90 day warranty and 60-day money-back guarantee from the vendor, both of which should still be good. I emailed the vendor with my diagnosis of the problem and suggested several solutions that don't involve the time, effort or expense of sending the whole gun back to them. We'll see what happens, but I told them if they have to send the whole gun back, I'll just ask for my money back and re-order it from another vendor who offers a "test fire" service for a nominal price, so I can be sure I get one that works. 

I've bought five new airguns in the past few months. Three of them have performed perfectly and exceeded my expectations. One seems to be experiencing some "break-in bugs" but it does work most of the time and I'm fairly happy with it. Today's is the only one of the five I've had any REAL problem with. 

I am REALLY enjoying shooting these things in my basement for just pennies a session! No heat, rain, or other weather worries! No ammo shortages or mega-high prices! No other jerks to deal with at the range! No drive across town to the range! Just happy, happy trigger time! What's not to like? :D

UPDATE: Already heard back from the vendor's customer service, and they're sending me a replacement magazine to test, no charge, no argument at all! Can't complain about that! :D The vendor, BTW, is Airgundepot.com. Good people! B)

Do you just punch paper or do you have any active targets ?

24 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Do you just punch paper or do you have any active targets ?

Just punching paper, but I'm investigating some kind of action targets. It's fun to see stuff jump around, or blow up! BTW, did you see my last post in the What Did You Get Today Not Model Related thread? It might interest you. ;)