Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Jeep Cherokee Test Drive

Nine speed transmission? :blink:

But I would have to say that for today's markets, this is exactly what is needed. You have to go up to something based on a full-sized pickup to get a serious SUV these days with everything else being based on a car platform. All Jeep's competitors in this size range are similar, based on a mid-sized car. Can't blame them for wanting to complete appropriately.

It is a few steps above the competion, it actually is an off road vehicle........however, seems the could have relaced the Patriot and or Liberty with this then brought out a more deserving of being called Cherokee. Why not build a unibody wagon that is loosely based around the Wrangler's drivetrain and suspension without being as stupidly big and heavy as the 4dr JK Wrangler.

Drove Jeep Cherokees for almost 20 years (88-07) and loved them, I don't recall ever getting stuck in winter and on occassion drove through snow drifts as tall as the hood. Retirement and steadily increasing costs of fuel told me I needed something less expensive and more fuel efficient but I still miss my Cherokee and everytime I see one on the roads my mind goes back to the days when I was a Jeep driver.

Sounds like a nice vehicle, too bad it's not so nice-looking.

The author also did sloppy research with historical dates and kicked sand in the faces of XJ Cherokee fans and those who love Jeeps with a couple of comments.

A poorly-written review of what sounds like a better-than-average-engineered vehicle with spectacularly bad styling.

Charlie Larkin

Definitely distinctive looking..saw one in traffic briefly last week. I think if I moved back to a snowy climate, though, I'd be looking into the updated '14 Grand Cherokee to replace my '00 Grand Cherokee....I've been very happy w/ my GC over the last 13 years.

Edited by Rob Hall