Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 458 Italia dressed up in Lamborghini Green...

curt raitz

Nice change of pace and tired of red Ferraris...

Revell Kit #4912 and paint from Scalefinishes

Lamborgini 0077 Verde Ithaca Mica on the body and Mercedes 0054 Monza Grey on the roof

lowered suspension 1/16th of an inch, cuz these Revell Ferraris always seem to sit a bit too high.

FerrariItalera_a-vi.jpg

FerrariItalera_c1-vi.jpg

FerrariItalera_b-vi.jpg

FerrariItalera_f-vi.jpg

FerrariItalera_g-vi.jpg

FerrariItalera_d-vi.jpg

FerrariItalera_e-vi.jpg

thanx for lookin'...

Really nice 458 Curt...! I have this colour & it's so nice... Who cares which hi-Po Italian it goes on ;-)

Only 1 thing I see that you missed... The headlight buckets should be a dark grey ;-)

Cheers Cliff

Thanx...

I've seen both the dark grey and chrome finish on the headlight buckets...was gonna do the dark grey on this car (to stay with the color scheme) but forgot and glued the glass down.

used canopy glue, so I can always lift the glass off and repaint

This is an actual color Id see often where we use to live. Wealthy Arabs live for some time of the year where we use to live ( corona del mar). I have seen this green exactly, and....behind the green one, was a pink one...his and hers. Ill add this for fun...same couple had his and her new Bugatti's... black, and baby blue... lol

I like your model, cause I have seen it with my own eyes! Hmmm are you him? lol

Edited by chachie

This is an actual color Id see often where we use to live. Wealthy Arabs live for some time of the year where we use to live ( corona del mar). I have seen this green exactly, and....behind the green one, was a pink one...his and hers. Ill add this for fun...same couple had his and her new Bugatti's... black, and baby blue... lol

I like your model, cause I have seen it with my own eyes! Hmmm are you him? lol

Nope, not me

I be an overweight, bald old fart livin' in Northern California

I did base the color on a picture of a real Ferrari 458 I found on the "worldwideweb"

thanx

The Lamborghini Verde Ithaca Mica on the body really sets the scene, looks great.

Any tips on how you lowered the suspension, have noticed that all the Revell Ferrari's seem to have the body's set to high.

Edited by kevjoh

Nice

Any tips on how you lowered the suspension, have noticed that all the Revell Ferrari's seem to have the body's set to high.

What I have done on Revell Ferrari kits is either cut off the mounting pin and move it up, or just remove it all together and just glue the wheels higher up on the spindle

Nice

What I have done on Revell Ferrari kits is either cut off the mounting pin and move it up, or just remove it all together and just glue the wheels higher up on the spindle

I remove the mounting pins and move them up...fairly easy with the Revell kits, the mounting pins are quite large