Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell/Foose '67 Dodge Charger

VERNON

First of all, no pictures yet. I'm an old dog trying to learn how to be hi-tech.

With that behind us, The Foose Charger is out and in my opinion is well worth the $25.00 I spent on it.

The only down fall is the car sits at stock height. I played around with mine over the weekend and found by sanding the inside of the front inner wheel well of the body (upper portion)(almost paper thin) as well as a little from the inside of the front fender, you can get the tires to fit up inside the body. Of course now you have to modify the front suspension to get the front end down. You may want to drop the rear just a little.

In addition to already excellent 1967 Charger kit, you'll get a set of Foose Mopar road wheels, new bucket seats (front & back), steering wheel, and the most impressive 'SHAKER HOOD,scoop, and air cleaner assemby.

Revell has also left the stock parts in this kit so you can build it as a stock version.

As I said before, not bad for the standard price of $24.95.

With a little work here and there, this should be a fun kit to build. Hopefully someone (with more smarts than me) will post some pictures.

Get one, and have FUN!!!

Vernon

Hmm. The shaker made it into the kit eh? Well that settles it. Im going to have to get one despite the two unbuilt kits in the stash.

You won't be disappointed...I bought three of these with plans of moving the shaker hood to the Coronet, as well as the wheels.

The Foose Charger does not come out until October.

Sorry, I have three that I picked up at Hobbytown USA, on Saturday. Every once in a while the the model release these kits on time or just a touch early.

The Hobbytown in Va Beach & Newport News, Va already had these come in on this past Friday.

I am starting to think that I am only the person that does not get all giddy like a school girl over Foose and his cars

You are not alone,

Foose hasn't done anything yet that appeals to me . And I definitly will not pay extra for a model kit just because his name is on the box

Sorry, I have three that I picked up at Hobbytown USA, on Saturday. Every once in a while the the model release these kits on time or just a touch early.

The Hobbytown in Va Beach & Newport News, Va already had these come in on this past Friday.

That's the normal Revell release cycle...shops in the preferred vendor program get them around the 20th-25th of the month, everywhere else early in the following month.

Some Foose cars are ok but for the most part I can pass on them. Now, Boyd's cars look nice but I know some people didn't care much for him either. I always liked the 56 Chevy "Junkyard Dog" that they did and the 63 Max Wedge Dodge. They were some nice cars.

Ironicly many of Boyds cars were designed by Foose, He was Boyds chief designer.