Model Cars Magazine Forum

New resin Light Truck Tire available from Fireball Modelworks; updated 4-11-14

Freshly available 1/24 scale Light Truck Tire. "Real World" size is 30x10.5x15 and it fits Monogram's 15" wheels. Mastered by me in 3D and printed by Shapeways. Cast in flexible black resin and sold in a set of four. PM me for ordering info or send an email to joseph -at- fireballmodels.info.

Thanks for looking!

FMR-027_feature_med_zps90372f9d.jpg

(wheel, painting, and weathering not included)

Edit 04-11-14:

A new, larger 15" tire is available now:

fmr-029_1small_zps4e152694.jpg

Edited by Chief Joseph

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up guys, I sent a check to Joseph on 9/27 for three sets of tires and today the mailman just dropped off a small box with 3 sets of these tires inside. What I received looks even better than the picture above, and quite honestly better than a lot of kit tires.

Not sure how he does it, but Joseph casts some excellent tires and his service is outstanding. I think I will be spending time at the workbench tonight getting some new tires mounted on some builds!

Do not hesitate to buy any of his tires, they are accurate, well detailed and like I said, his service is outstanding!

Thanks for filling another void in the truck tire world Joseph!

Mike

Just a heads up guys, I sent a check to Joseph on 9/27 for three sets of tires and today the mailman just dropped off a small box with 3 sets of these tires inside. What I received looks even better than the picture above, and quite honestly better than a lot of kit tires.

Not sure how he does it, but Joseph casts some excellent tires and his service is outstanding. I think I will be spending time at the workbench tonight getting some new tires mounted on some builds!

Do not hesitate to buy any of his tires, they are accurate, well detailed and like I said, his service is outstanding!

Thanks for filling another void in the truck tire world Joseph!

Mike

I agree!!!!!! Joseph is outstanding to deal with!!!!!!!!! I'm VERY happy with his service and hope he keeps making parts for a LOOOONG time! We need more guys like him!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Joe!

3D modeling is a great way to spend an evening. I drew this drag radial last night and it will more than likely see production in the near future:

DragRadialMT275-60-15WIP_zps3e2ab800.jpg

Dang it! There you go again coming up with new ways to spend my lunch money!

Put me down for 3 sets!

Those sure look nice, I imagine they will look even better in person!

• 1 month later...

Here's a rendering of the "bigger cousin" that I mentioned:

Krawler_zps4f283e6e.png

Wow! This will be a great adition to your really nice line of tires! I think that many of us the off road model builder will be very interested in those tires, in the 35"_37" rage!

• 2 weeks later...

The 3D-printed piece should be here before the end of this week and I will put it into production as soon as I can. It should be available soon after the beginning of 2014. It is 1/24 scale, and will fit scale 15" wheels. I will probably make some truck-type wheels soon to complement these tires.

edit: Here's a render of the smaller tire with a 15x8 Pacer wheel I drew tonight:

Pacer-A-T-TA_zps480e5689.png

Edited by Chief Joseph

Here is a picture of the 3D-printed master for the Krawler. The "real world" size is 35x13.5x15 and it is 1/24 scale. It will go into production soon.

Krawler1_zpsed27db7d.jpg

For size comparison, here is a kit tire from the Monogram 1/24 Bronco (left), my BFG All-Terrain T/A in the middle, and the new Krawler on the left:

Krawler2_zpsb1b02950.jpg