Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bandit Resins 1971 Chevelle Heavy Chevy - October 21 update

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks since I have updated this thread. I have been working on the engine and chassis, mocking everything up to make sure everything fits like it should. This is an important step when you kitbash parts like I do. Spent the weekend painting parts and started assembly on the engine.

DSCN1960-vi.jpg

The engine was pirated from an AMT 1967 Chevy Impala street machine kit. Minor modifications were made so it would sit properly in the Chevelle chassis. I painted the block with Testors Citrus Yellow Metallic to match the body. Heads are painted with Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver. Rocker covers and intake were painted with Alclad Magnesium. The headers came from a vintage AMT 1972 Chevy Nova kit with slight modifications and were painted with Testors Stainless Steel metalizer.

DSCN1961-vi.jpgThe transmission was painted with Tamiya AS-12 as well. The oil filter came from the Revell COPO Nova kit and was painted to match a Fram filter.

• 5 months later...

Fred Cady is out of business, but Keith Marks still makes them.

public.fotki.com/mofobow

Contact Keith at mofobow@hotmail.com

Glad to see you building again, Marc! I might get to the Heartland this year. It would be great to see you if you are there.

Fred is still selling decals. I don't know if he has that particular sheet in stock. He supplies several dealers (Model Empire is one) and does fill orders that find their way to his P.O. Box in his old adverts. He still has the same box.