Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Hauler

Been in a builder's block for a while now, thought I'd try something other than short track cars lol..

Started out as a Ferrari team hauler. I cut out the back sides and added a tilt upper deck ,rounded off the front & lower

front wheel area for a more older style look.. Here is what I got so far...

130924_001_zps81506caf.jpg

130924_003_zps8adf94aa.jpg

130924_002_zpse42023bc.jpg

Edited by Jim3

This is a spectacular idea and great way to execute it....I have quite a few of these race trailers lying around and have been wondering what to do with them....You've done some awesome work on this and WHAT AN IDEA.. :o:o:o ..This is Great!!!! And this thing is looking Great...Now, that's creative thinking....Outside the box....I'm all over this one..I hope you don't mind if I use some of your idea on my next race rig... :D ..Can't wait to see more....What rig you thinking of using????

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks JT I don't mind if ya use the ideal :) Not shure yet on the tractor , I got a Chevy Titan kit and I have a old Peterbuilt needing some love...

I have a set of 1/16 scale 31 fenders to see what they look like on Pete... :D

Hmmm...Interesting...The fenders, that is...Thanks for the blessing...I really like this one....Can't wait for more, Jummy...

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 months later...

This is VERY cool. Just a thought....the little Dodge or Ford cabovers made into a tandem rig.....since you are hauling "gassers".

I think the curved cutouts really make this thing. Very old school......when styling still mattered and was built in instead of added on.

Will be interested to see what you decide on.