Model Cars Magazine Forum

Colorado Model Clubs

• 3 weeks later...

I too would like to find a car model club. There are IPMS chapters. Even a show on Oct 12 at the ranch. I got a bad taste from IPMS. Maybe we could get one going. My son works part time at the Ft. Collins Hobbytown. He may beable to spread the word.

Tim

Edited by wagonmaster

• 4 weeks later...

I to would like to fid a model club here in our beautiful state ive heard about the shows up at the ranch and have wanted to go but read about them on craigslist a little to late

and this state does suck when it comes to modeling have to buy evergreen and some kits online, glad to see some fellas from my neck of the woods

B)B) B)

I to would like to fid a model club here in our beautiful state ive heard about the shows up at the ranch and have wanted to go but read about them on craigslist a little to late

and this state does suck when it comes to modeling have to buy evergreen and some kits online, glad to see some fellas from my neck of the woods

B)B) B)

Where in Colorado are you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There must be more of us Car modelers around as there is quite a few entries at the Good-Guys Colorado Natonals model contest. unless one of you are stacking the deck??? LOL.

I attended the IPMS show in Loveland it was a nice show but as with all IPMS shows it concintrated on Aircraft. 7 catagories for vehicles.

We need to get something going in this area.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So Matt did you make it to Longmont? Whereabouts in Longtuckey do you live. I'm out at road 3.5 and 119, by the sandstone skatepark. I would love to get together with other car modelers. I went to one at Jefferson county fairgrounds the day after valentine's day. Only had maybe 20 cars total with the race cars. Anyhow there is a show, not a contest in Denver on april 13th I think. I'll look at the flier and let everyone know the whereabouts when I get home. I could probably accommodate 3 or 4 people in my new shop I built in my backyard, but its only 10 x 14. Could be done though. I was really into the hobby back in 97 or so and it was hoppin. But now I agree the car modelers are pretty light in the area.

• 2 months later...

Any one interested in a NNL show in the Rocky Mtn area? I am working at getting one. Date is going to be Aug. Place up here in Laramie WY. it will be in conjunction with the annual Gem city car classic. I will post up when I get more info.

Tim

PS: Anyone want to help out shoot me a PM.

Edited by wagonmaster

I am from the Denver metro area and I agree a few years back it seemed like there were a lot more people in this hobby now I find myself pretty much hitting up Michaels and Hobby Lobby to get my supplies and kits I dont like going to the local Hobbytown unless thats my only option (Those guys are very rude) I would like to meet others who share in my love for this hobby and learn from them! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Guys, I'm in Littleton Colorado, and attend a monthly show called Rocky Mountain Hobby & Collectible show. While its mainly diecast, there is a vendor there with 3 tables full of plastic model kits old and new, and a lot of loose parts, decals, etc. There are a few other vendors there that also sell model kits as well.

Rocky Mountain Hobby & Collectibles shows

El Jebel Shrine center

4625 W. 50th Ave. Denver, Co.

Shows are held on Sundays 10am-2pm

Info: Roger Mendenhall - 719-495-0678

Next show is January 11

no show in February

March 15

April 12

May 17

June- no show

Cheers

Lance

Edited by Yenkocamaro

Lance, thanks for posting this. I just recently found the 2015 dates and look forward to checking it out.

What I'd really like to know is where getting a potential NNL show stands?

I understand that it would really help to have a local model car club front it and if that is the case, we need to get a club going. The sooner the better.

Doug

Edited by Frankenstyrene

Lance, thanks for posting this. I just recently found the 2015 dates and look forward to checking it out.

What I'd really like to know is where getting a potential NNL show stands.

I understand that it would really help to have a local model car club front it and if that is the case, we need to get a club going. The sooner the better.

Doug

Thanks Doug. Unfortunately, I am no longer a plastic car modeler, but a 1/18 diecast collector and Modder. A car nUt, just the same :D Hey, I figured there are plenty of modelers that come to the show, so it might be a great start to recruit some members for a new club. I belonged to a model car club back in the seventys and eightys in Chicago, and it was the greatest. I sure do miss that :(

Cheers

Lance

Hey Guys, I just remembered Colpar Hobbies. They have a ton of model kits and supplies, they also have Evergreen plastic shapes. There are 2 locations, but the one I go to is 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd Lakewood, Co.80227 303-988-5157. The other location is around 285(Hampden) and Havana.

I'm just blown away on how much Kits, and supplies are nowadays. I remember, as a kid, kits were $1.49, and spray paint was like 49-69 cents. I think 3 in one kits were $2.00(bigger box) along with Styline kits....memories :rolleyes: My very first model was an AMT 34 Ford pickup.

Cheers,

Lance

Sorry, but this tidbit of info just popped into my head. I was at the Colpar Hobby shop about 3 weeks to a month ago, and overheard a conversation(I think there was even a flyer)about a model car contest coming up. Not sure if it was sponsored by Colpar, Someone can call and find out. I thought I would mention this, as its another opportunity to maybe recruit members for the club.

Cheers,

Lance

I called the Lakewood store, and spoke to the salesman I usually deal with, and he confirmed that there was a model car contest at the Aurora store, but it was more like 2 1/2 months ago, not a month ago, sorry. He also said that its not a contest that's held every year, so who knows when they will have another. I have no idea how successful the contest was, or how many entries they had.

Cheers,

Lance

Hey, guys! Don't overlook The Caboose (on South Broadway, just North of I-25) for modeling supplies. They cater to train people, but OMG do they ever have anything and everything you could ever imagine in the way of tools, supplies, electronics, bits, pieces, scratchbuilding and diorama goodies, and paints, glues, etc. Plan on spending hours when you go . . . it is AWESOME!!