Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Flintstone`s Flintmobile

The Flintstone`s Flintmobile

Snap Fit 1/20 scale plastic Model Kit, 1994 (skill level 1, no glue required)...

Yabba-Dabba-Doooo!!

The Flintmobile was cartoon caveman Fred Flintstone's snazzy set of wheels.

In fact, that was ALL it was - a set of wheels, it had no engine.

The car was "Fred-powered."

Fred would have to put his feet to the earth and run like mad to pick up speed... and then he could lift his legs and zoom along!

Well, a "no glue required" kit, really built without glue, is not really my Thing... ;)

All parts are glued and, where necessary, putied, then sprayed first with a Spray can, flat black, then hand painted in enamels and acrylics, and I dry brushed a lot... :blink:

This was a fun little kit, the only thing missing is a giant rack of Brontosaurus ribs! ;)

The Flintmobile, ready to cruise Bedrock in style, here the pics, hope, you like it.

035.jpg

036.jpg

006.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

Thank you very much for the kind words! B)

And the steering wheel does what? :lol:

Let’s put aside the fact that Fred Flintstone basically runs to work and therefore doesn’t really need his wheels (or that he would need the quads of a god to get them moving)... ;)

What is much more interesting is the way he stops his caveman car.

With heels screeching and smoking, Fred famously uses his own feet to stop his forward momentum.

Much like how your car’s brake pads work, Fred’s feet absorb all the frictional forces until the stones stop rolling.

In the animations, we typically see Fred pulling back and *up* on the steering wheel.

The upward component of his force on the steering wheel will be matched by additional downward force on the ground via his feet...

So, in my opinion, the steering wheel is fixed to the entire mobile and serves that Fred can keep it at speed, and it keeps the whole car as he brakes...

The steering to the left or to the right , is of secondary importance, since the roads earlier anyway just went straight ... ;)

Let’s put aside the fact that Fred Flintstone basically runs to work and therefore doesn’t really need his wheels (or that he would need the quads of a god to get them moving)... ;)

What is much more interesting is the way he stops his caveman car.

With heels screeching and smoking, Fred famously uses his own feet to stop his forward momentum.

Much like how your car’s brake pads work, Fred’s feet absorb all the frictional forces until the stones stop rolling.

In the animations, we typically see Fred pulling back and *up* on the steering wheel.

The upward component of his force on the steering wheel will be matched by additional downward force on the ground via his feet...

So, in my opinion, the steering wheel is fixed to the entire mobile and serves that Fred can keep it at speed, and it keeps the whole car as he brakes...

The steering to the left or to the right , is of secondary importance, since the roads earlier anyway just went straight ... ;)

I love a scientific explanation! ^_^

I love a scientific explanation! ^_^

Then somebody explain this...why is it when Fred and Barney were going to work the car was a two seater but when they went to the movies it was basically a four door? I'm serious! Google it! :blink:

Edited by MAGNUM4342

Then somebody explain this...why is it when Fred and Barney were going to work the car was a two seater but when they went to the movies it was basically a four door? I'm serious! Google it! :blink:

Maybe Fred owned more than one car? :D

You're right... two seater when Fred comes home from work, four seater at the drive-in. :blink:

The series did have a few story arcs, but the most Flintstones episodes are standalone storylines, therefore, it is possible, that the Artist can create in each Episode an "another" car...

The Flintstones car, if indeed it is the same car from one episode to the next, is sometimes a two seater or four seater, a topped car or convertible, and left side steering or right side steering.

Mr. Slate is originally a short, dark-haired man with a mustache, he was then replaced by Fred's more familiar, taller, bald boss who also went by the familiar name Joe Rockhead in one episode.

Mr. Slate's first name has been either "Sam," "George," or "Nate," depending on the episode.

Fred's regular place of employment has been identified by at least 18 different names.

A boy named Junior was included in the series' press release and in a Little Golden Book adventure (as well as on some advance merchandise related to the program), but never on the actual show.

When the decision was made in 1962 that the Flintstones would have a baby, the child was going to be a boy, but then they decided that a girl would make for better merchandising like dolls.

The Flintstones' house changes size, design, and furniture in nearly every Episode, etc, etc...

The Flintstones, was one of the first cartoons to be shown during prime-time Television and for many years it held the record for being the longest-running cartoon series in American TV history, running for six years (or 166 episodes) between 1960 and 1966.

And be honest, would you not even have changed a few cars in this long time? ;)

Edited by hobbybobby

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...