Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya MkII Jaguar

Ajay

I like this project a lot. I've been wondering what to do w/ the Tamiya Jag sedan kit that I have - now I know what direction to take it. . .

My only suggestion - hope that you don't mind - is, that I'd considering lengthening the doors approx. 6 scale inches (@ their trailing edge) to lessen the length of the rear side windows. Do you intend to keep it as a pillarless hardtop?

I'm really looking forward to watching you finishing this!

• 3 weeks later...

Andy, I give you a lot of credit. You certainly have done great work on this and get tons of points on originality! I do agree with Bill on the longer doors if a two door is your intention. Either that or scribe a line for the rear doors as well. A four door custom with no center pillar looks really cool. But it's your build. Whatever you decide to do or not do, it still doesn't change the cool factor of this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill & Ken, no problem, I originally used the existing front panel line of the rear door to save the need for scribing (which I dread) but looking at the body in primer & you're both right about the length of the door. Just a pic with the door lengthed about 3mm to try & balance things up a bit. You might just be able to see where the "old" panel line has been filled with plastic sheet.

jag6_zpsb38dfe16-1.jpg

Thanks for the interest guys.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by Ajay

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bill, sorry for the lack of updates - I did get as far as spraying up the body but managed to polish thru the clearcoat & couldn't get a good colour match on the damaged area :wub: so back to square one I'm afraid - hope to get a bit done over the xmas holiday (weather permitting).

Regards

Andy

Edited by Ajay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all

Progress !

Just a couple of pics of the body. The colour is HOK Brandywine over a silver base followed by Zero paints prer-thinned clear and a lot of "elbow grease" with polishing cloths and compound.

Jag12_zps60aa5289.jpg

jag11_zps6cf8314c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

Edited by Ajay

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! How would you rate the Zero clear?

Thanks Peter & sorry for delay in replying.

I'd rate it as pretty good, I still have to use polishing cloths to get a glass smooth finish but thats probably more to do with the fact I tend to put 2 or 3 fairly thick coats on as I'm vary of polishing through to the basecoat.

Regards

Andy

• 4 weeks later...