Model Cars Magazine Forum

No longer need source for 24 stud heads: I found 'em

I just aquired the ProModeler 1940 Ford Deluxe convertible and it has 21 stud heads for the stock version; this is not correct.

The finned performance heads have the propper 24 stud count, but I'm building this one factory stock. My question is: what's a good source for the 24 stud heads - aftermarket or kit?

Edited by Shardik

I just aquired the ProModeler 1940 Ford Deluxe convertible and it has 21 stud heads for the stock version; this is not correct.

The finned performance heads have the propper 24 stud count, but I'm building this one factory stock. My question is: what's a good source for the 24 stud heads - aftermarket or kit?

Just checked a Revell '40 Coupe, and it does have stock 24-stud cylinder heads (one head shows just 23 studs due to locating slot for an engine accessory.

Art

Edited by Art Anderson

Isn't the Monogram "Pro Modeler" just a re-squirt in mostly the same molds as the original Revell '40? How is it that the heads got re-tooled? I'm just really curious.

Revell-Monogram first issued the '40 Ford Convertible about 2000. The '40 Standard Coupe is a modified reissue of that convertible (Revell neglected to do the proper "Standard" series dash and steering wheel for the coupe however (all '40 Ford convertibles were produced in the "Deluxe" series).

I counted the bolts on the cylinder heads from the Revell '40 coupe kit last evening--came up with 24 bolts on one head, and 23 on the other, the "missing" bolt head being where Revell put the locating slot for the factory optional oil filter bracket.

Art