Model Cars Magazine Forum

Snoopy Chrysler

Jairus

This is not a joke.

May also be going under the name of Logan Percy or Percy Logan.

I was contacted by a person using the name Snoopy Chrysler. This person had a higher than normal slightly femine voice, who wished me to produce three airbrushed illustrations.

The return phone number was a Washington area code, Auburn/Tacoma area. We talked on the phone a number of times so I know at one time this was a good number.

He used this email address: loganpercyc@canada.com which I know was also good at the time as we corrosponded a few times using it.

The contract was struck over the phone in January and I did the artwork within the 30 days specified. However, after receiving the proofs... the customer disappeared and the phone number now comes up as disconnected. No answer from the email address.

This person related belonging to a local model car club. Wished to attend the '07 Pacific Northwest Model Fest, and discussed his model projects with me at length.

If you or anyone you know fits this description then please call me or drop me an email.

Thank you,

Jairus Watson

503-587-7443

jairuswtsn@aol.com

Update:

You are not going to believe this....

On a whim I google'd the email address and found this:

http://www.sgn.org/sgnnews34_29/page8.cfm

Click if you dare and note the first paragraph!

This explains sooooo much!!!!!

<_<

That is hilarious! But are you absolutely sure that it's not our mutual friend Guido pulling off another gag!!?

Dave

I am glad you guys can see the humor in this but I am out a significant amount of money! I worked on three illustrations that were weird enough as to NOT be sale-able to anybody even tho they were listed on ebay and eModelcars for many months! I gave my best efforts to this project and you guys make jokes!!!

<_<

Thank you sooo much for your help.

I googled ' snoppy chrysler here is what I found on outsports.com Paul

Our neighbor to the north, which maintains close ties with U.S. motorsports, has two more names for the short list of out professional drivers. Last year I heard from Canadian driver Logan “Snoopy†Chrysler, who called me up to introduce himself. His story:

“I was born in 1958 in western British Columbia, Canada. My mother was African-American from Colorado, my father was a Samson Cree from the reserve in central Saskatchewan. They met and married in 1948, and had 14 children for which I was the seventh son. In 1961 I was introduced into the world of cars when we moved in 1961 to Hamilton, Ontario. As most people know, that was Canada's ‘Golden Horseshoe’ where most of the major auto manufacturers had their Canadian factories. It was rough living for a large family.

“In 1971, when I was 13, I started racing -- first with go-karts, then smaller cars (Mini-Coopers and Corvairs), and later 7-litre sport sedans. My advanced but boyish looks were able to get me into several major stock-car races in Quebec and Nova Scotia as well as Ontario and Alberta. I was racing Vauxhall Envoy sedans, and the occasional Acadian coupe.â€

In 1974 Snoopy got his license with the Canadian Stock Car Racing Association (CASCAR). Eventually he moved to the U.S. As a man of color, he ran into that relentlessly conservative whites-only straights-only atmosphere in NASCAR, so he gravitated towards the more liberal road-racing scene. When Snoopy called me in 2006, he was 48 and living in Olympia, Wash. He was thinking about the 2200-mile Targa Newfoundland as his next race.

Edited by 41CHEVY