ID These Three Friction Models, Please

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm most curious about who made the creme/beige '56 Lincoln Continental(?) friction model (promo?), but I don't recall seeing the '58(?) Ford Ranchero before, either. '60(?) T-bird in the middle?

LincCont1.jpg

lincCont3.jpg

LincCont2.jpg

LincCont4-1.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Ranchero is a '59

The T-bird is most likely a '60 ( based on the 6 tail lights rather than 4)

sorry, no clue on the makers.

Edited by blunc

Posted · Report post

And there is a '56 Continental Mark II. I had one of those but sold it for parts. I did keep the taillights which are little more refined than on the example you posted.

Posted · Report post

There all old promos...58 Ford Rancharo, and 60 T-bird,56 Continental.....Rancharo is cool...I like it!!!

Posted · Report post

The 1960 Thunderbird and 1956 Lincoln Continental Mk II are AMT promo's. The '59 Ranchero promo was made by Product Miniatures Company (PMC) as both an assembled acetate plastic promotional model, AND as a screwdriver-assembly STYRENE plastic kit.

Art

Posted · Report post

Man, I'd sure like to find an un-warped Continental like that to pull a set of molds...

Posted · Report post

Man, I'd sure like to find an un-warped Continental like that to pull a set of molds...

I'd love to see a resin kit available! My friend customizes 1:1 Lincoln hot rods.

Posted · Report post

I'd love to see a resin kit available! My friend customizes 1:1 Lincoln hot rods.

Hmmmm...what I'd REALLY like to do is pull a set of molds from a cherry 1:1. That's such a beautiful car, I think a hand-built, mild-custom, composite bodied, tube-chassis, independently suspended and luxed-out cost-no-object re-pop might find a market.

Posted · Report post

Yeah! Only problem is: Of course #1 would be finding one that hasn't warped. But, second, that promo is not quite 1:25 scale--the MkII is a very large car--about the size of a Buick (the Promo is definitely undersized).

Art

Posted · Report post

Yeah! Only problem is: Of course #1 would be finding one that hasn't warped. But, second, that promo is not quite 1:25 scale--the MkII is a very large car--about the size of a Buick (the Promo is definitely undersized).

I think you kinds sorta answered my next question. I've seen the SC Miller "thing", and the 1/32 Revell kit, but wondered why there isn't a resin 1/25 offering.