Model Cars Magazine Forum

Extra-good guys...people who ask nothing in return.

Ace-Garageguy

Maybe this should just go in the "great traders" section, but I want to publicly thank both Casey and southpier (Joe Smythe) for sending me books they know reflect some of my particular interests. Casey sent me the Mickey Thompson bio I didn't have, and Joe sent me the story of Brock Yates' discovery and restoration of a very special SoCal hot-rod that kicked some Ferrari road-racing tail back in the early days. They didn't even ask for the postage (Joe...pm me your address). A sincere thanks to both of you very generous guys. :) :)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

An example: I had a recent fiasco with a '56 Nomad I was building. I tried getting the gold wheels off that I had CA glued on using debonder, but wound up breaking the front and rear axle mounting pins and destroyed one of the wheels in the process.

Forum member Jeffs396 from Ohio PM'd me that he had spare parts to replace the broken axles and would bring them to the Castle Shannon Show today, which he did. The only thing he said he wanted in return, was for me to finish the Nomad...!!!

Can't find many good people like that outside of our little plastic world can you..??

Thanks so very much Jeff, and as I told you, if there is anything in plastic that you ever need, if I have it, it's yours.

There's a lot of USP ,,, Unspoken Sending of Parts here by many that just reflects how helpful and friendly it is here! :)

Agreed! especially coming from you Mike! Thank you for the help!!

Also, to guys like "DrKerry", "Toylvr", "1930fordpickup". All of them have contributed greatly to recent projects asking for nothing in return. Just great individuals!! :)

Edited by Kennyboy

When one has SOOOOOOOOOO many parts and decals, why not help someone else? There's a VERY good chance you're not going to use ALL those parts and decals anyway.

Bite yer tounge Nick!!!!!!!!! How can you say that about modelers?? We're ALL gonna use it ALL......... someday!!!???!!!!??? :lol::D:P;)

Yeah Nick, you know we are all plastic hoarders, right? and it will be used sometime I think :unsure::lol: For me that's the intriguing think about this forum so many people here are so willing to help others out any time and so many times ask nothing in return like Bill said, and that's how it should be!!!! :D

I've got to chime in here about Casey. He and I have gotten along like two strange tom cats ever since I got here. Seriously, I hated the guy. Now that I'm deep into my second year here, and I understand the moderator position a little better, I'm understanding Casey a little better. When I posted looking for door lock hardware in 25th scale, he didn't hesitate to send me a used (slightly used) etch fret he had lying around.

I offered to send him something in return...nope! I offered to pay the postage...again no. Every now and then in life you run into somebody that you think you'll never warm up to...then later on you find you've misjudged them the whole time. I just felt that needed to be said.

Thanks again Casey. :)

When one has SOOOOOOOOOO many parts and decals, why not help someone else? There's a VERY good chance you're not going to use ALL those parts and decals anyway.

Same reason we men can't ever throw anything away. We know the moment we do we'll figure out what it goes to or how we could have used it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

BVC500 sent me lenses for a Fujimi Daytona I'd lost, carefully packaged and "toot sweet" - asked nothing in return.

And beeRS from England offered to do the same.

Thanks a million!

Peekay, I'm glad you brought this up. BVC500 is a fairly new member with less than 15 posts to his credit, but he stepped up to help immediately. Members like that make for a better board.

I personally have had quite a few super guys that have asked nothing in return my #1 is disabled modeler and I ask try to repay the favor as best I can or just pay it forward casey, midnightprowler, joker (info) , raildogg, chief joeseph, ace garageguy(much info) which is just as good as trading parts imho. Sad part is I know I may be missing someone or a few people

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...