Model Cars Magazine Forum

IH 4300 Dump Truck

Here is my IH 4300 dump truck i just finished. Paint is Tamiya Italian red with dupont clear. I scratchbuilt the lift axle and plummbed the motor, airlines for the brakes and hydraulic lines. Italeri floats up front. Italeri standard tires on the back and amt/ertl tires on resin two holes for the lift axle.

20130928_021307.jpg

20130928_021134.jpg

Here i sprayed the box with Alclad steel then weathered with oil paints thinned with turpeniod

20130928_021233.jpg

.I think that you wouldn't of put dea tires 1/24 you break the look of your model.Your truck is not heavy duty to have the tires larger than 1100 x 22 wide. 1/24 Tires can be utiluse to make of big heavy duty has the 1/25 scale

Edited by mackd

Alain, there are plenty of trucks here in florida running front floats similar to what i am depicting here. However , I am not a truck expert and simply made use of what i had on hand that fit the wheels i wanted to use. Heres a pic of aother transtarwoth floats up front that i think look even bigger than what im showing. . Thanks for all the compliments!

2050.jpg

Tom, thats an easy one! The exhaust manifold are painted with a two part system called sophisticated finishes antiquing solutions. Its available at Michaels cradft stores. The first part is a iron colored paint that has real iron dust in it. The second part is a chemical solution you brush on in multiple coats that rusts the paint. I follow that with a black wash and a silver drybrush to hit the highlights.

Tom, thats an easy one! The exhaust manifold are painted with a two part system called sophisticated finishes antiquing solutions. Its available at Michaels cradft stores. The first part is a iron colored paint that has real iron dust in it. The second part is a chemical solution you brush on in multiple coats that rusts the paint. I follow that with a black wash and a silver drybrush to hit the highlights.

Wow! I was just about to ask this question because I got so excited when I saw the turbo and exhaust parts! Good thing I took a deep breath and read through first! :) I am building a 4300 as we speak as my first build and this is serving as basically a walk through! Looks great man!