Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Ford Galaxy (new pics 10/30/13)

Modelbuilder Mark

All I can say is WOW. Very nice!!! Your detailing skills are fantastic. The 64 is my favorite Galaxie.

You flatter me sir, but thank you. Witout a doubt, it is my favorite Galaxie as well. I would so enjoy havnig a 1:1 version, and have tried a couple times to locate one that I caould A) afford and B) be capable of rebuilding on a budget, LOW low budget.

Excellent job. That engine is fantastic.

Thanks guys! Yeah, the donating Starliner kit really lends itself to good detail for sure.

You flatter me sir, but thank you. Witout a doubt, it is my favorite Galaxie as well. I would so enjoy havnig a 1:1 version, and have tried a couple times to locate one that I caould A) afford and B) be capable of rebuilding on a budget, LOW low budget.

Thanks guys! Yeah, the donating Starliner kit really lends itself to good detail for sure.

I always find myself looking online at the pictures of the 1:1 427 lightweights. One beautiful car. My dad had a 64 XL that was maroon. with black interior. I do believe it had a 289. Can you believe he sold it because he wanted a four door???

Very nice! The engine looks very real. The whole thing looks great so far.

Jerry

Thanks!

I always find myself looking online at the pictures of the 1:1 427 lightweights. One beautiful car. My dad had a 64 XL that was maroon. with black interior. I do believe it had a 289. Can you believe he sold it because he wanted a four door???

Ouch, wonder if he ever looked back on that one with regret.

This looks great Mark. I need to get one of those Starliners because I'm building a '63 Galaxie and the chassis in that kit leaves a lot to be desired. I just can't build a curbside. I don't have it in me.

Yes, they are worth picking up a few actually. Nice parts all around in the kit.

Great looking engine and detail..

Thank you.

OK guys, I will call this one done. Got going this week, and forgot to take some in between pics. I will also post more pics later today in under glass.

BTW, do any of your guys know how to edit the subject line? I see some guys add the date when they update pics.
Edited by Modelbuilder Mark

That is a work of art. I love the "baby moons" that you have added.

I am currently building a 64, and have built a couple before, and the only thing I don't like, is the way the gas tank hangs below the bumper when using the Starliner chassis. On the one I am working on, I decided to only put half of the tank on, and so far, it seems tucked up enough. Please understand by no way am I criticizing your work, your skills are expert.

That is a work of art. I love the "baby moons" that you have added.

I am currently building a 64, and have built a couple before, and the only thing I don't like, is the way the gas tank hangs below the bumper when using the Starliner chassis. On the one I am working on, I decided to only put half of the tank on, and so far, it seems tucked up enough. Please understand by no way am I criticizing your work, your skills are expert.

No, I agree on the tank. I must admit that I am bad about dry fitting/test fitting as I go along. I "assume" things will work out, and we know what that leasds to! LOL. soo...problems arise. The grill was a pain on this for the same reason.

I was so frustrated by the end, this was one of those builds I was just glad to see finished. I seem to say it a lot lately, but the builds just seem to fight me. Mostly I had issues with paint on this one. But, all in all I think it will look ok sitting on the shelf.

I am following your 64 build, it loos great!