Model Cars Magazine Forum

OTB-A favor begets a favor

LOBBS

Robert Peeples on the HHMB saw my attempt at an oil tank for the Revell Z06 and offered to cut one for me on his lathe. I sent him all the info I had and today the part came in.

ee223ad5.jpg

He asked nothing in return for his efforts other than I help someone else out in the future.

So, in return I will be casting this piece and offer free resin pieces to the first 10 people interested in performing this correction of the great Revell Z06.

So, in return I will be casting this piece and offer free resin pieces to the first 10 people interested in performing this correction ..........

Good for you LOBBS! While I don't need one, I just wanted to acknowledge your gesture. Excellant idea!

Here's the new tank dropped down into it's location. Still have a little shaping to do on the new inner fender that's required to make it fit.

In 1:1, it's a pretty tight fit between the firewall and the inner fender. Even after thinning the kit firewall almost paper-thin, I still had to add a little material to the inner fender and file out the kit inner fender well. It's still pretty rough right now but when I get done it'll be hard to tell it's been modified. No concerns about interference with the suspension/tires.

ee21c1ec.jpg

ee21c1eb.jpg

ee21c1e9.jpg

TIA for looking.