2014 Round2 Kit Announcements

258 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I hope Gerry doesn't mind me re-posting this here:

Nothing beyond March and no Lindberg yet.

1/25 1940 Willys Coupe/Pickup - New wheels and tires and expanded decal sheet
1/25 Grumpy's Toy 1966 Nova - Bench seat option and racing gear
1/25 Petty Dodge Dart Sportsman
1/25 Polygas GT street Tires
1/25 LN 8000 Race Car Hauler
1/25 Ford 1960 Ranchero "Ohio George"- 1960 features added. Previous custom parts added
1/25 1968 Road Runner - Modern tooling w/Street machine option
1/25 1969 Chevelle Convertible
1/25 Spiderman '60s VW Beetle (Polar Lights) New tooled optional parts
1/25 Ghostbusters Ecto-1
1/25 Malco Mustang Gasser (MPC) Pre-lettered tires. Newly tooled front-end
1/25 Dodge Dart Sport (MPC) Pre-lettered tires. Bonus figure.
1/25 1965 Galaxie 500 Stock Car - First time available with all original parts since 1960's
1/25 1936 Ford Coupe - Many vintage parts restored
1/25 1940 Ford Coupe - Also molded in Orange
1/25 Fire Rescue Van - Cargo van only, no side windows

Sounds like these are "new" to us:

Bugaboo Dragster
1979 Ford Firestone Pickup
Knight Rider Firebird
1951 Chevy Bel Air Coupe
1970 1/2 Baldwin Motion Camaro
Munsters Monster Truck
1963 Corvette

Posted · Report post

Off of a Sci-Fi board I can see photos of the Firestone Macho Machine Ford F-series 4X4 pickup last released under Model King. Also in the background as a 51 Chevy Bel Air and the Baldwin Motion Camaro. The 1966 Batmobile appears to be in a new box. All from Round 2 except the Batmobile. There's also new 1966 Batman Figures. That's all I can find out so far.

I don't think there will be any news from Revell until Sat.

Posted · Report post

Here's a picture of my Model King version of the F-series 4x4 pickup from my old Fotki albums for those who don't recall it.

EndPanel1-vi.gif

Posted · Report post

SteveG

Is the 1979 ford pickup grille the only grille AMT has left?

Posted · Report post

The 66 Batmobile is getting new figures with better likenesses of Adam West and Burt Ward and their faces will be featured on the new box-top. Polar Lights didn't have likeness rights when the kit first came out. Now that they're doing the figure kits, they do.

I have friends and co-workers at the iHobbyExpo show, I might have more info tonight, I've sent a few e-mails, but no responses yet.

Posted · Report post

So, you're saying I will HAVE to buy another Batmobile kit to get the 1966 likenesses of Batman and Robin?! Man! (Sarcasm intended, all I need is an excuse to buy another one, it's great kit!)

Posted · Report post

SteveG

Is the 1979 ford pickup grille the only grille AMT has left?

Don't know but I like the 73-77 round headlight style grille better then the later grille.

Posted · Report post

Here's a picture of my Model King version of the F-series 4x4 pickup from my old Fotki albums for those who don't recall it.

EndPanel1-vi.gif

I like this style of grill/headlights, put me down for one please :D

Posted · Report post

So, you're saying I will HAVE to buy another Batmobile kit to get the 1966 likenesses of Batman and Robin?! Man! (Sarcasm intended, all I need is an excuse to buy another one, it's great kit!)

Better than getting the 2013 likeness of Adam West or Burt Ward....... ;-)

Posted · Report post

That should be awesome. I've been watching the board today for news and this is great news.

Posted · Report post

Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

iHobby has been open to the public for an hour now. Where's the reports? The sneak peaks? The blurry cell phone camera photos? Sheesh you'd think a magazine of this place's stature would have someone there when the doors opened this morning...

Edited by niteowl7710

Posted · Report post

iHobby has been open to the public for an hour now. Where's the reports? The sneak peaks? The blurry cell phone camera photos? Sheesh you'd think a magazine of this place's stature would have someone there when the doors opened this morning...

Didn't they have a press day yesterday? I would have thought the magazine would have had a reporter there..

Posted · Report post

The only reports from IHobby I saw were from Sprue Bros. (mostly military stuff) and Starship Modeler (Sci-Fi stuff) over on Facebook. Haven't seen anything else at this point other than a coupled of kits in photos of other stuff.

For those with the benefit of Facebook, you can have a look:

Sprue Brothers: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151748820488952.1073741835.80890673951&type=3

Starship Modeler: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.643262729047699.1073741825.186373324736644&type=3

I believe that both Revell USA and Moebius (maybe Round 2 as well?) were also going to have displays at the NNL Nats in Toledo to announce their new items for 2014, so should be some more news later today or tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

Anyone that's at the I-Hobby Show; please ask about the 1971 Dodge Demon.

Posted · Report post

The suspense is KILLING me!!! :blink:

Posted · Report post

In case anybody else did not place the "Bugaboo" dragster . . .

amt-bugaboo-dragster-car.jpg

Posted · Report post

It's 8 pm and still no pictures from the show? I'm disappointed.

Posted · Report post

1) 1979 Ford Firestone Pickup 1/25 Reissue Jan-2014

2) Knight Rider Firebird 1/25 Reissue Feb-2014

3) 1951 Chevy Bel Air Coupe 1/25 Reissue Feb-2014

4) 1970 1/2 Baldwin Motion Camaro 1/25 Reissue Feb-2014

5) Munsters Monster Truck 1/25 Reissue Mar-2014

6) 1963 Corvette 1/25 Reissue Mar-2014

Just a few thoughts and opinions regarding the above...

1) I'd have to say this is a direct response to Moebius' forthcoming earlier generation Ford Pickups, but I guess there's nothing wrong with catching a little wind off someone else's sails.

2) Gotta be another "Silver Screen" TV/Movie box version. There can't be that many people wanting a K.I.T.T. model to build, can there be? Maybe the Hoff still has a lot of appeal in the industry...

3) See #1 for both the "stealing some thunder", this time from Revell's '50 Olds (or maybe something else TBA?) and because I believe/suspect the bulk of this tooling is already at the molding facility (assuming much of the tooling is shared with the '51 Fleetline and '51 convertible) making another reissue relatively easy. Looks like the coupe was last issued in 2002 or so.

4) Good to have this one back. The wheels and tires alone seem to sell the kit to lots of folks.

5) See #2

6) Might be good for kitbashing with the Revell 1/25 '67 Vette convertible which was just reissued, and I think this is the only Split Window in 1/25 scale?

Posted (edited) · Report post

2) Gotta be another "Silver Screen" TV/Movie box version. There can't be that many people wanting a K.I.T.T. model to build, can there be? Maybe the Hoff still has a lot of appeal in the industry...

Maybe there is , Aoshima, keeps releasing different version's of K.I.T.T , there must be a demand for it I guess

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04355/Sci

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS00452/Aut

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS09716/Sci

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS041277/Sci

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04128/Sci

Photo taken from Aoshima's FaceBook page and this was listed with their upcoming kits for the rest of this year

1174817_662010387142864_1098638592_n_zps

Edited by martinfan5

Posted · Report post

1968 Road Runner "Modern Tooling" ...

Lettuce hope that it's not that thing from twenty years ago ;) .

I can't wait to see that beautiful 1970 Baldwin-Motion Phase III Camaro !

The reissued Firestone F-350 sounds great ! I hope that it includes the two-wheel-drive parts as well .

1960 Ranchero looks like a winner !

Eagerly awaiting for the 1975 - 1976 Dart Sport (I've aleady got the requisite wheel covers !) and the 1971 Demon 340 ( hopefully Kevin will run another batch of his 1972 Demon ! ) .

Looks like 2014 is gonna be a great year for the modelling fanatics !

Posted · Report post

Just a few thoughts and opinions regarding the above...

6) Might be good for kitbashing with the Revell 1/25 '67 Vette convertible which was just reissued, and I think this is the only Split Window in 1/25 scale?

Revell also has a still available '63 split window snap kit.

Posted · Report post

I'll be willing to bet the 63 Corvette will be the convertible kit not the split window version.

Posted · Report post

The only things that interest me so far are the 61 Pontiac and perhaps the Knight Rider. Back in 82 I had a 82 TransAm that was black, black disc wheel covers on the aluminum wheels, tan interior, pretty much the same as KITT. I used to see little kids sitting in their car seats pointing and I could read their lips saying "Mommy!! It's the Knight Rider" I used to get a good smile out of that. So, that's why I'd buy a Knight Rider kit (KITT?).

No interest in a 65 Cyclone, pretty insignificant car. Not very popular in 1965 and less today. Saw a few at the drags back in the day, not many. I would definitely be interested in a 68/69 Cyclone but no one seems to want to make one. That car won a lot of NASCAR races and not in the Spoiler II droop nose style, but the standard, "W" nose configuration. The Cale Yarbrough and Dan Gurney street editions were pretty cool too.

Nothing else announced so far is very interesting, mostly recycles of old products. Yes, I agree the 63 Vette will likely be a convertible :(

Posted · Report post

1968 Road Runner "Modern Tooling" ...

Lettuce hope that it's not that thing from twenty years ago ;) .

Well as the old saying take what you hope in one hand, and what you get in the other, and see which fills up first. This is a straight run of the 90's tool.

I can't wait to see that beautiful 1970 Baldwin-Motion Phase III Camaro !

Oh alright!

$(KGrHqRHJEMFIrJYdJ41BSRY2SnyPw~~60_57.J

Wanna see another?

$T2eC16N,!w8FIdI)PKIqBSTlpydCGQ~~60_57.J

We can only hope Round 2 actually sees fit to put DECALS in it this time...

1960 Ranchero looks like a winner !

We can only hope the newly tooled parts fit better than they did with the Gremlin...