Model Cars Magazine Forum

are the revell porsche 911 coupe and slant nose good models?

The only Revell 911 I currently have in stock is this one...mLSckGxN4rcNiSDnHpfIXnA.jpg

which is a repop of this one...muyCelN82vNQrGxoghDm3WQ.jpg minus the stock seats and some added 'racing' bits.

Parts count is kinda low, there are some minor proportion issues, and not a lot of detail. Still, they CAN build into gorgeous early 911 models. If you want really nice 911s, my advice would be the Fujimi 'Enthusiast" kits. They're complex and have loads of detail, and with patience and skill, produce spectacular models.

I get the feeling he means the reboxed 1/24 Monogram kits Bill. [since he mentions the slant nose]

I have one but haven't built it. What's in the box looks good though and the few I've seen built look good too.

Well then...I have the old Monogram 1/24 Turbo coupe in stock, which I have mostly the same comments about. Parts count is pretty low, details are light, and there are some parting lines on the body that need careful attention. The overall proportions and lines look pretty good (and I'm kinda picky about Porsches). I've used one of these as the basis for a hot-rod custom widebody Speedster, and the fit of the chassis, interior, suspension and engine bits was good.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

How nice are the wheels in the Slant Nose 1/24 kit? Undersized or just right?

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79365

Look in here. Picture of my 1/24 scale 911 Turbo wheel.

o-man sent me those wheels, Casey, so can say they scale out to 15" wheels. This was perfect on my 944 but I expect the 911 was using 15" way back then also ... that you'll have to determine. ;)