Model Cars Magazine Forum

Missing Link's 1972 "W11" Dodge Wheel Covers

Along with my aforementioned Hart's Parts resin interior parts , I also received my 1972 - 1978 Dodge 14" deluxe wheel covers ( "W11" ) from our resident resin caster extraordinare , Missing Link Resins .

The turnaround time from order-placed-to-my-mailbox was super quick ; a normal practise of Missing Link :) .

Per usual , the parts were packaged with extra care ; some Michigan-area newspaper crumbles , with the parts themselves carefully placed in a size-appropriate ZipLoc baggie.

The coveted parts are perfect reprlicas of Dodge's sales code "W11" deluxe wheel covers . The "1:1" versions were first released in 1972 as upgrade 'covers (versus the base modelles' hub caps) , and were around in one form or another through circa 1978 .

The plating is , of course , top notch ; but these parts' beauty 'shines' in their accuracy ! How the heck did the part's master scale down the "DODGE" impressions on the covers' centres ??? The psudo cooling fins are righteous , too !!

Take note , all ye whom are building 1972 & later Chargers , Challengers , Darts , Demons ( please cast another batch of your excellent 1972 Demon , Kevin !) , B-vans and D-100 pickups ! These are the right pieces for your builds ! Mine are going to find themselves on the soon-to-be-reissued 1975-1976 Dart Sport from Round2 .

Kudos , Kevin , at Missing Link :) !

Highly Recommended !

They are very nice. With a little blackwash, they look just like the 1:1 covers. Here's a set on my '75 Dart Sport. (Sorry for the lousy picture, I should re-take this model)

kit%252075%2520dart%25201.JPG

Thanks much for sharing your gorgeous 1975 Dart Sport with us , Alan :) .

Soon as I posted this thread last night , your Y1 Blaze Yellow Sport was the first thing I thought of !

I can't remember ; is your Sport built from the kit or the Promo ?

I need to find a source for the the Plymouth wheelcovers that are shown on the Gold Duster in the front of the picture.

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA/Plymouth/1974%20Plymouth/album/1974%20Plymouth%20Barracuda-Duster-Valiant-02.html

Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to build a copy of my grandmother's '74 absolutely base-model Duster. 318/TorqueFlite, Yellow, white vinyl top, yellow-gold interior, AM radio and the blower-type rear defogger that never really worked. Gram didn't like power steering, and I think it even had manual disc brakes.

Charlie Larkin

I need to find a source for the the Plymouth wheelcovers that are shown on the Gold Duster in the front of the picture.

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA/Plymouth/1974%20Plymouth/album/1974%20Plymouth%20Barracuda-Duster-Valiant-02.html

Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to build a copy of my grandmother's '74 absolutely base-model Duster. 318/TorqueFlite, Yellow, white vinyl top, yellow-gold interior, AM radio and the blower-type rear defogger that never really worked. Gram didn't like power steering, and I think it even had manual disc brakes.

Charlie Larkin

I remember those. My parents bought a '73 Gold Duster(a new/demo car) with those hub caps. Dark Green and it had the Slant 6 in it though. Lots of memories growing up with that car.