Model Cars Magazine Forum

ProStar and Featherlite Transporter

Looking good. I am really interested in how you are going to do the doors. Where I am stuck with mine at the moment..

After building three , I am still stuck at doing the curbside door, but I did figure out how to do the compartment doors , the lift gate is auctally pretty easy, I just started on, I will get pics soon

Got a little bit of work done on the trailer, roof is cut, but I had a hard time getting a straight line traced so, I have some work still left to get it even with the sides, and added strip styrene to the sides as well
IMG_0911_zps42bb3d52.jpg
IMG_0916_zps9dca8b32.jpg
IMG_0912_zps09fb562e.jpg
and the track for the lift gate, dont mind the un evenness, I will take care of that, and dont mind the cardboard, just there to give some support for the sides
IMG_0914_zps7cd8558b.jpg

Interesting build.

I'm planning to do a Featherlite type 53 foot race transporter trailer myself in the future so I'm following this with great interest.

What are you going to use for the trailer suspension?

Probably wont to be honest, I am just going to attach the wheels to the frame rails, I have not figured that part out, I will try and find the picture that I found that shows some of how the axle's are attached.

Did some work on the interior, borrowing the idea, I used two different thickness of sheet plastic, I used .15 to make the cabinet doors

Right side

IMG_0946_zps3ac97a6a.jpg

Left side

IMG_0944_zps4dd7e28a.jpg

and most of the work is done on the lift gate, this all in mock up , so excuse the masking tape, it is fully functioning up/down/closed position

IMG_0936_zpsd3886347.jpg

IMG_0938_zps16ab5f63.jpg

IMG_0939_zps25f4cee2.jpg

IMG_0940_zps0eb33a33.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

piece of round tubing and a wooden scewer makes great axles. you can ask kilrathy on here about them he can give you more details. he has built a couple for me and thats what he used and they work out pretty well. his name is jt so check with him and maybe he can send you some pics. trailer is looking amazing keep up the good work.

Dude, I really like your lift gate work....I never really knew how to approach that part of my trailer builds....I like this....I'm gonna have to "borrow" that one for my next trailer build....And I'm with you on the suspension....Doesn't really seem necessary when everyone is only gonna see the interior.....And thanks Jeremy for the "shout out"....

Up first a rear view, and darn bunnys, they are everywhere
IMG_1189_zps3b276c5d.jpg
IMG_1190_zpsc4c64ab7.jpg
Looking towards the front of the trailer on the upper deck
IMG_1192_zps30020537.jpg
rear portion of the lower level, still working on the lower level interior, took some more pics, but didnt like how it looked, I need to try and fix some things in the front part of the trailer
IMG_1194_zpsbc128456.jpg
IMG_1195_zps60f86703.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Looking good. What, or how are you going to make the compartment doors work?

That is a good question, I am going to use plastic rod and shape sort of in a z shape, then use just a little bit bigger round stock that is drilled out, and fit the ends into them, I will take some pics when I get to that point