Model Cars Magazine Forum

Red Alert Chevelle

MadKaw6

Haven't been on here for awhile. This is the Red Alert Chevelle I recently finished. It's built from an AMT '70 Chevelle. The paint is Model Master and Alclad for anything metallic. I used a set of original decals. The engine is from a Monte Carlo kit with a scratchbuilt oil pan with intake and carb from my parts box. I used this engine for the automatic transmission. The interior has a scratchbuilt rollbar and tach. I used the console from the Monte Carlo. I used the rear axle from the Monte Carlo and narrowed it so the slicks would fit under the body. The wheels came from my parts box and represent the wheels first used. I removed the stock gas tank and made a fuel cell and electric fuel pump. IMG_9875_zps902f078c.jpgIMG_9874_zps811bd968.jpgIMG_9871_zps4c2cf2b2.jpgIMG_9870_zpsdbbd1a2b.jpgIMG_9867_zpsf10a5ed4.jpg

very cool !

love the engine and like the detail such as the waterhose !!

imo you should take the time to shoot some outdoor pics of this one , or maybe in a diorama setting or .. but outside shots would do the trick !!

deserves a better lighting and backdrop .. its imo a nicer model then these pics show :)