Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #95 FINISHED!

It's built on the Honda Accord platform (from Wikipedia: "The Nouera was the first non-keicar made by Mitsuoka that was not based on a Nissan model. At this time Nissan's main competitor with the Accord (the Primera) had unusually futuristic styling; a Mitsuoka version of the contemporary Primera may have been too difficult to style harmoniously.")

The only way I found it was to look for copycat cars (it looks like a rip-off of a Jaguar S-Type), which led to a Jalopnik page showing other styling plagiarism, which led to Mitsuoka, which has ripped off a multitude of British designs.

...you know what? The way I found it in the first place was a Google Image search for "Chrysler 300 steering wheel", which I think probably went to that same Jalopnik blog page. Of course, in the image search results page, you have no idea why it's been returned so, I hit "visit page" because I was curious about how something so NOT what I'd searched for could appear in the results...

And as soon as I saw it, I thought of Harry... and the rest of you guys!

bestest,

M.

it even looks like they tried tossing in a little bit of Edsel at the last minute, hoping the soup would turn out better.

well; it didn't work. it simply looks like what it is, a cheap Chinese knockoff of a substandard design cribbed from styling cues found "unique" by present-day would-be geniuses trying to be Harry Lyons.

it even looks like they tried tossing in a little bit of Edsel at the last minute, hoping the soup would turn out better.

well; it didn't work. it simply looks like what it is, a cheap Chinese knockoff of a substandard design cribbed from styling cues found "unique" by present-day would-be geniuses trying to be Harry Lyons.

A cheap Chinese knock-off done by a Japanese company?