Model Cars Magazine Forum

MODELHAUS PRODUCTS PICS

Thanks , Tom !

As much positive press as Don and his products receive , it's great to see some photos of his artwork ! It's hard to *justify* spending $50 - $100+ on something sight-unseen ; then you see the products , and suddenly its , Okay , now I get it !

I spy some Motor Wheels Spyder wheels in the background ... and I still have some coin in my paypal budget ... :rolleyes:

I don't know about anyone else, but those prices to me are way over board, I'm sure that it costs alot for materials, but when a company knocks them out and once they recover there exspence of that material I would think that the prices would come down,

That's just my opinion, I myself could never pay for tha much for one model!

I don't know Don personally, but I can, with a certain degree of invalidated certainty, guarantee he is not getting rich on selling his products. There is no "volume" cost discount for a business like his (costs go down as you can sell more and more) because it is a small, niche market. The prices are not more than any other long lasting, respectable resin/cottage industry would charge. There are people in Indonesia who think you are crazy for spending $15 on a kit, so it's all relative.

Michael, the one thing to remember in resin is Casting Rubber . unfortunately, some if not all "Pulls " will ultimately destroy a mold in short order . Some sooner , some later . The average on a typical body used to be about 35-40 pieces per mold . The resin is somewhat cheaper , however , not by that much. The "GOOD " Rubber that is required to do a 1-25th scale body probably runs about 100.00 a pound . A mold to do a typical body , uh about 200.00 .Now , add gasoline to do shows , vendor fees, door prizes , ( Usually required to promote good will ) motel , dine out food , wear an tear on the truck to transport and it costs REAL Money . I oughtta know . I manufactured van accessories in the 1970's .

You get what you pay for....I've bought cheap resin kits from some vendors, and the quality difference compared to the Modelhaus and other tier-1 vendors is glaring... I love the subject matter and detailing of Modelhaus resin kits and parts--been buying from them for probably 20 years now...tons of parts for old kit restorations, and probably 50 or so resin kits.

Edited by Rob Hall

I knew Don's line was extensive but not quite that extensive, all those lovely MOPARS.

I don't know about anyone else, but those prices to me are way over board, I'm sure that it costs alot for materials, but when a company knocks them out and once they recover there exspence of that material I would think that the prices would come down,

That's just my opinion, I myself could never pay for tha much for one model!

I've got a bunch of R&R resins which I payed monies close to what Don is charging & looking at the quality of Don's products compered to R&R's, I'll quite happily pay the few extra dollars for a far superior product.

Michael, unfortunately when you speak your mind on an open Forum like this one, you have to expect some "kick back". There are numerous members on this Forum who are average builders and who are also on a fixed income, myself included, After my necessary bills are paid then I see what is left for my hobby. I also remember those $1.49 and $2.00 model kits from 50 to 60 years ago. Inflation made the costs of EVERYTHING go way up, not just model kits. No one is knocking you with their "kick back". We're all just speaking our minds just as you did. I buy Modelhaus' resin kits and replacement parts when I can for the subjects that I want to build when I can afford to do so. I'm sure plenty of other Forum members do the same.

Guess what folks , I HAD to stop working back in 2000. I was making close to 600.00 a week and that was after paying out all the taxes too. Today, I too am on a fixed income . Been building models since 1960 myself . Yes, gasoline USED to cost me .19c a gallon too, change is inevitable .............................

I wish they used pictures on they`re website. As for me,i would never buy anything when i dont even have a idea how it looks. The stuff they offer look very nice on the pictures. Personally i have no problem with the price,because i`d rather spend some on a quality body/kit that need little or less work over some kit half the price wich need a week prep just to fit and be ready for paint,to put it on a edge.

Okay Gentlemen, I've heard all of your comments, now let's all just sit back and relax, I'll never make my feekings heard on this forum, as I alway's seem to start a Fire under someone's Butt, just because I think that someone's Prices are way to HIGH for (my) pocket!!!!!

You posted your opinion... others posted their opinion. That's how a forum works.

It's unrealistic to think that you should be able to post your opinion and then expect that nobody else has that right to post theirs.