Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 Fury from kit to finished in 5 Hours

Porscheman

I just wanted to see if I could build a complete kit under 6 hours. Started on it at 11 am this morning and finish at 4 pm this afternoon. This build includes Tamiya's White Primer, Testors One Step white and 4 coats of Testors Wet Look Clear. The interior is Tamiya's Italian Red. Top it all off with BFM and the detailer black wash. Can't forget Tamiya's Clear Blue window tint.

Let me know what you think.

Al :lol:

Looks great!

But I wonder why you (or anyone) would put some artificial time limit on yourself? I mean, what's the point? Model building isn't about beating the clock or seeing how fast you can build a model... at least to me it's not.

Harry, I only have so much time to get things done before my MS starts and my hands start trembling and I can't finish. Then I loose interest and it sits on the the bench and I forget where I was going with it. I want to build as many as I can, while I still can.

Harry, I only have so much time to get things done before my MS starts and my hands start trembling and I can't finish. Then I loose interest and it sits on the the bench and I forget where I was going with it. I want to build as many as I can, while I still can.

Ah, ok. I didn't know about the MS.

But why not just build in smaller increments? Work an hour here, an hour there, etc., build the model in small increments.

But of course it's your choice. You know what's best for yourself. ;)

l know what Al is talking about. l am very slow now due to MS weakening my right hand.

Another fine classic Al. l like it in white. Very fine work...

Looks great!

But I wonder why you (or anyone) would put some artificial time limit on yourself? I mean, what's the point? Model building isn't about beating the clock or seeing how fast you can build a model... at least to me it's not.

Only 5 hours, and it even has *mirrors*! ;-)

Al, great job! I can't do it in 5 weeks, much less 5 hours. I envy your talent.....

Add that little bit of black-wash and if your hands feel up to it, foil the door handles. Try a Uniball silver gel pen for the lock cylinders- one dot is all you need.

Al, considering MS and I believe you mentioned something previously about a stroke sometime ago, you indeed do great work and serve as an inspiration to all of us.

That, and it's always a treat to see your models.

Charlie Larkin