Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NASCAR 2013 Chevy SS

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Mike over at Mike Decals posted up a few photos for the 2013 Chevy SS body they are working on, he posted that the master should be going to the caster within a week, any ways, here are the pics, no price was given yet.

CHEVYSSBODY001-vi_zps23eaeb6e.jpg

CHEVYSSBODY003-vi_zps7664cbed.jpg

Posted · Report post

That really looks good.

Posted · Report post

Does he have any plans for doing any of the other manufacturers that you know of? Also is there any body out there that is doing the Gen 6 style chassis & cage, I know the cages are very different than what we are used to seeing, & the chassis itself has a few changes from the C.O.T. also.

Posted · Report post

Does he have any plans for doing any of the other manufacturers that you know of? Also is there any body out there that is doing the Gen 6 style chassis & cage, I know the cages are very different than what we are used to seeing, & the chassis itself has a few changes from the C.O.T. also.

Mike stated that base on sales, if they are good for the this one then they will do the Ford next, and then Toyota , there is no one other then the AMT COT chassis out there, but that will not work with this body, its 1/24th.

COT chassis was not changed all that much, just addition of two roll bars, and the rear area of the chassis goes straight back to the rear tv panel.

Posted · Report post

what guts would be used with this body/

Posted · Report post

I would love to see a '13 Toyota Camry too... :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

Just wanted to let everyone know, I recieved my SS a couple weeks ago, and like everything from Mikes, it's excellent.

I spent the past weekend cleaning the inside of the body with plans of preping the outside this week.

After that I'll start trying to fit a chassis to it. Just glancing at the Monte Carlo chassis I think it will work with of course a lot of changes.

This is project I'll be working on in between other projects and will take a little time.

The body is well worth the price Mike is asking.

Vernon

Posted · Report post

I can already see a TON!! of Dale Jr. cars on the forums.