Model Cars Magazine Forum

My variations on the Rat Roadster

squirrel886

I'll post a few more pics toward the end of the week as I barely have time to work on models. But I did get some more works done w/ the interior.

The windscreen on the Highboy is from the AMT 32 Phantom kit. I filled in the center vent on the cowl, sanded down the lip molded on the cowl for the kit windscreen, and filled the recesses for the windshield posts.

Nice work so far on both of them. They both sit well. I'll be curious as to how you handle the valence panel below the trunk lid on the low boy, which, along with the notch in the frame rails for the exhaust and the IMHO silly hood ports, are among the major complaints I have about this "modified re-issue", which results in additional work to make what is now Revell's only 1/25th scale Roadster a more universal model. And, yes, do consider a shortened grill shell on the Low Boy...

thanks . and holy smokes squirrel we must think alike. I love the drive tunnel and drilling the holes definitely makes it ..it would've been a lot easier for revel to just mold them with the holes and maybe have a filler piece like the amt 62 buicks side ducts... anyways hurry up and its not gonna be blue is it lol

Bernard, the rear valence will be gone before paint. It should be on the table at the NNL, hopefully. I build so slow though.

Erich, no worries. Its not going to be blue. I'm still undecided. I wish I was going to SEMA this year for ideas, but I won't be making the trip this year.

Edited by squirrel886