Model Cars Magazine Forum

When will Revell show us what they got?

Please Revell, quit messing with me and just announce this one:

2013-01-17-11.25.53w2.jpg

Definitely would love to see the new Corvette kitted, coupe and convertible. Along w/ the new Viper and many others... alas, Revell and Round 2 seem to have a narrow focus on vintage subjects only these days.

"Definitely would love to see the new Corvette kitted, coupe and convertible. Along w/ the new Viper and many others... alas, Revell and Round 2 seem to have a narrow focus on vintage subjects only these days."

One would think a brand new Corvette model kit would be a sure thing. If there was ever a kit that should not only be introduced, but with todays technology could and should hit the store shelves with a few months of the 1:1 release, than the 2014 Corvette is it.

Edited by Jon Cole

The date I heard was Oct. 15, 2013. Things will be announced after that date.

They'll most likely have their 2014 announcements on their facebook page, as well as a YouTube video showing the releases, just like they did for their Fall 2013 announcements.

I would be surprised if Revell released the 2014 'Vette, as Round2 has the deal on producing GM promo's it would only make sense that when it is released it will come out first as a promo kit, then maybe later as a full detail kit.

Given how slow Revell was to get the '10 Mustang and Camaro kits out, I'm not holding my breath for them to get one out in a timely manner...

Speaking of the C7, I saw one on the street yesterday for the first time.in Velocity Yellow w/ chrome wheels. A bit too flashy for my tastes, I'd rather have a Cyber Gray or Night Race Blue one w/ silver (or dark gray) wheels.

Edited by Rob Hall

Given how slow Revell was to get the '10 Mustang and Camaro kits out, I'm not holding my breath for them to get one out in a timely manner...

That's true, but the Vette kit(s) will still be one of Revell's top sellers, even two years "late". Revell doesn't include model years on its Ferrari kit boxes, so the lack of a model year or the lack of the current model year matching the kit's model year doesn't seem to be affecting sales of those kits, either.

Revell hasn't even teased its new announcements on its FB page like it did last year. There's been no mention whatsoever of them. Makes me think we may still be a week or more out ...

Good point...and wasn't it reported as 'after Oct 15th'? That can be any point in the future...

I was lucky enough to make it to Hot August Nites in Reno this year, & the Barrett Jackson show area had every color that is available in the C 7's on display, & they were actually selling them to select people on site. (I was lucky to over hear a conversation between one lady & a factory rep that "The board of directors will not be interested in the car unless you can have it ready to drive out by tomorrrow morning" must be nice to have that much clout.