2014 Revell First Quarter Kit Releases

256 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

rev1q2014.jpg

Posted · Report post

Just checked the dealer side of the Revell website and noticed a few new entries in the release list. No release dates on any of these, but something to look forward to:

85-4306 1/25 '57 Chevy Bel Air

85-4312 1/25 Jungle Jim Rail Dragster

85-4082 1/16 Hawaiian Charger Funny Car

85-4187 1/25 2013 Mustang Boss 302

85-4305 1/24 McEwen '57 Chevy Funny Car

85-4190 1/25 '65 Chevy Impala (picture looks like it could be another Foose version kit)

Also an updated release date of May '14 for the '57 Chevy Convertible.

Nothing new tooled above, but still some interesting stuff being rehashed and re-released.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I wonder *which* '57 Bel Air 85-4306 if that is accurate...the 2dr sedan kit is still current AFAIK, maybe the Snap Tite hardtop? Edit: from the other 2014 release thread, it's apparently the old full-detail kit w/ opening doors--the only one of the old Revell Tri-Fives I've never had.

I'm very happy to see '85-4187 1/25 2013 Mustang Boss 302' listed if this is for real...that would definitely be modified tooling from the '10 GT (new engine, front end, wheels, decals, interior parts, etc)...

Edited by Rob Hall

OK. Since it was let out from a hobby shop proprietor, here is what Revell 1st Qtr 2014 releases are:

Model Scale Comments Tooling Release

Hawaiian Charger Funny Car 1/16 New wheels and tires Conversion TBA

Black Widow Hot Rod 1/24 Monogram branded Reissue TBA

Ed Roth 57 Chevy Bel Air 1/25 Original Revell Chevy Reissue TBA

with opening doors

Foose 65 Impala 1/25 Wheels and engine parts Conversion TBA

McEwen 57 Chevy Funny Car 1/24 Reissue TBA

Jungle Jim Rail Dragster 1/25 Reissue TBA

2013 Mustang Boss 302 1/25 All NEW New TBA

Freightliner and Trailer 1/32 Snaptite Reissue TBA

Thames Panel Truck 1/25 SSP Reissue TBA

Tom Daniel Garbage Truck 1/24 Monogram branded Reissue TBA

Notice this is 1st Qtr only. There will be a 2nd Qtr 2014 announcement in December sometime. Even though Tom Daniel's site shows his related kits are for 2Q 2014, there will be more announcements, and some interesting stuff is supposedly in there (but MCM does not yet know). We are trying to get test shot photos of the Boss 302.

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Posted · Report post

Hmmm....definitely interested in the Boss 302.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Gerry! The Jungle Jim Dragster has never been released (at least the decals weren't), so that's really cool!

Love the Boss 302, can't wait!

Jim Kampmann

Posted · Report post

85-4312 1/25 Jungle Jim RAIL Dragster?

I don't remember this funny car showman ever having a rail.....would be nice if they'd resissue a modified Camaro with either the Hawaiian or the narrow funny car chassis under it. While less than perfect, that is the best Camaro funny car ever kitted.

Posted · Report post

I wonder *which* '57 Bel Air 85-4306 if that is accurate...the 2dr sedan kit is still current AFAIK, maybe the Snap Tite hardtop?

I'm very happy to see '85-4187 1/25 2013 Mustang Boss 302' listed if this is for real...that would definitely be modified tooling from the '10 GT (new engine, front end, wheels, decals, interior parts, etc)...

If I go by other kit numbers, it doesn't line up with a Snap kit number lineage, as their kit numbers are usually in the 1900 series. Plus it would say SNAP in the description on the Revell Dealer site.

Posted · Report post

Sorry, didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag early, figured if it was on the dealer side of Revell's website that it was fair game.

Yup, AWESOME news on the '13 Boss! Not only would I like one for its own sake, it gets me a step or two closer to my daily ride...

But this fiddy-seb'n Bel Air they got listed - not the delayed convertible, then?

I can hear the keening start over NOT ANOTHER '57 CHEVY if it's a hardtop. I could also think of worse things - although a proper new-tool Nomad might be a touch better...

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Posted · Report post

Sorry, didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag early, figured if it was on the dealer side of Revell's website that it was fair game.

We were asked to hold off on publishing this list in the magazine until November 1. Since it is starting to spill out in spots, from my viewpoint it is fair game. Unless I heard something from Revell, I was waiting to post until later tomorrow. They still have yet to update their Facebook or Web site with teasers.

Posted · Report post

roth-chevy.jpg

Revell old tool, opening-door hardtop for the '57.

Decal sheet should be kool though!

Edited by Matt T.

Yup, AWESOME news on the '13 Boss! Not only would I like one for its own sake, it gets me a step or two closer to my daily ride...

But this fiddy-seb'n Bel Air they got listed - not the delayed convertible, then?

I can hear the keening start over NOT ANOTHER '57 CHEVY if it's a hardtop. I could also think of worse things - although a proper new-tool Nomad might be a touch better...

Wrong number for the convertible, it's # 4270. I'd be alright with a hardtop, especially if it had some tasty period-correct custom parts. But I'd bet it's probably a Foose of the 2-door post*. Forget the Nomad, give me a 150 Handyman junior stocker!!!

*EDIT - see now that it's an Ed Roth version of the old-tool 57 w/ opening doors.

Edited by Brett Barrow

Posted · Report post

In 1976 Jungle Jim let Ron Attebury campaign a Top Fuel car under the Jungle Jim banner.

post-6461-0-61876500-1383155993_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

Wrong number for the convertible, it's # 4270. I'd be alright with a hardtop, especially if it had some tasty period-correct custom parts. But I'd bet it's probably a Foose of the 2-door post*. Forget the Nomad, give me a 150 Handyman junior stocker!!!

*EDIT - see now that it's an Ed Roth version of the old-tool 57 w/ opening doors.

Gotcha, I'ma head over.

Stand by my Nomad, though...

But wow - ALL NEW for the '13 Boss?? Danm thing's practically a Shelby in the sheetmetal, and the '10 was all-new and kinda bombed, right?

Really don't understand why not a modified reissue here...

But wow - ALL NEW for the '13 Boss?? Danm thing's practically a Shelby in the sheetmetal, and the '10 was all-new and kinda bombed, right?

Really don't understand why not a modified reissue here...

Hmmm.... I do wonder if that's a misprint. Though their are a number of new parts needed--new engine, wheels, some interior parts (seats,etc), taillights, some body parts (hood, nose/grille, front and rear fascias)...maybe there are enough differences that it's 'new'..note that most of the differences between the '10 GT kit and the '13 Boss 302 are the differences between the '10-12 Mustang and the revised '13-14 Mustang.

Edited by Rob Hall

Posted · Report post

Gotcha, I'ma head over.

Stand by my Nomad, though...

Oh, I'd love a new-tool Nomad, too, I just REALLY want the 150 Handyman in plastic.

Posted · Report post

Black Widow was just a recent SSP w/ new tires. I guess it did so well they're putting it into the regular lineup.

Hmmm.... I do wonder if that's a misprint. Though their are a number of new parts needed--new engine, wheels, some interior parts (seats,etc), taillights, some body parts (hood, nose/grille, front and rear fascias)...maybe there are enough differences that it's 'new'..

You might have something there.

But because the '10 GT/GT500 kit has an accurate body shell with separate front and rear fascias, and because the GT500 kit by any objective measure has a hood and a front fascia at least halfway to looking like the '13, I had to puzzle a bit that the kit should be ALL-new.

Not that I'd have any particular problem with it being a brand-spanker from the ground up; heck, if Revell had unlimited funds and I had my druthers, they'd ALL be all-new with incremental improvements from one kit to the next. But I wondered what really made such an expenditure necessary in practical reality, especially when there's been talk of the '10 not selling as well as hoped - nice as it is.

Turns out that the Boss has subsequently been characterized as 80% new or heavily modified, and that makes a lot more sense to me.

Hey, long as we're getting a Coyote mill...

Posted · Report post

There where a few cars that ran under the Jungle Jim banner, a Pro Stock Vega Wagon, an SS/A Camaro and the Top Fuel Dragster.

There where a few cars that ran under the Jungle Jim banner, a Pro Stock Vega Wagon, an SS/A Camaro and the Top Fuel Dragster.

Sanders%201.jpg1Jungle.jpgjungle68nova.jpg1468p-2.gif

Edited by Greg Myers

Posted · Report post

Is Revell going to announce additional stuff on Friday, or just the first quarter releases?

Posted · Report post

I think we are more likely to see a '57 150 Handyman or sedan delivery than we are a Nomad. Notice that Revell, for the most part, has been very careful to not do new kits of any Tri-5 Chevys that were previously done by the "old" Revell in the '60s, the '55 hardtop being the one exception. As a junior stock fan, either a Handyman or a sesan delivery would cause me to pollute my britches in delight!

Hmmm....if they go for the base wagon theme a '57 Ford Ranch Wagon would be nice also.