Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMC Modelers

I like and build just about anything. Buicks and Thunderbirds are my favorite, but I've build several AMCs over the years. My AMT '75 Matador is one of my favorites. I have a JoHan SC/Rambler waiting to be built. Bought aftermarket decals to avoid using the originals that don't look too be in too good of shape.

There is nothing wrong with AMCs, other than there is not enough of them out there.

Working on that same kit myself.:D What color is that? That looks awesome.

It's Duplicolor BNS0503 Orange Mist Met (metallic?)  (014). It's a very close match to the copper color on the box illustration.

I don't usually paint the model the same color as the box art but that copper color is just perfect for 1977.

You ought to post a picture of yours, I'd like to see it.

David G.

I did a 1970 Penske Trans Am Javelin.  One of the best results I ever had.

As a kid I had the Penske racing team set (Chevy van,trailer and that car)...loved those triple kits specially the (Modified Ford team set from the 70s  70s Ford pickup,trailer and early modified dirt car).  I have a few AMCs I am hoping to restore...

67 Ambassador HT and convertible

early 70s Gremlin

Jeep with 1/2 cab but its really a Willys

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a one-piece body with the hood molded in, plus a separate hood (if you want to open it up, I guess), interior tub, dash, grille, taillight panel, red taillights, a one-piece/promo-style chassis, and a clear sheet with window template. It's a pretty complete kit. I added a steering wheel, wheels and tires. I bought 2 of the kits and am, currently, working on converting the other to a 70-72 using the nose from a Johan promo.