Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner, Finally Got it to Sit Level....Page 3

I got most of it done, yesterday, but I can't get the cab to sit level....I'm just gonna have to leave it alone....I'll just mess around and break something, so I guess this is what it's gonna look like....I still have to make lines for it and a few other things, but this is the jist of it....

148a_zps74ddcfb5.jpg

146a_zpsa12279fb.jpg

143a_zpsc7d9f94b.jpg

138a_zpsdd90e49e.jpg

136a_zps98d6ab5d.jpg

134a_zpsc1001602.jpg

130a_zps751da415.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

looks great, another fine addition to the fleet.

I gotta ask though, did you get a few cases of orange paint at some point?? B)

[please take that as kidding around, I do like your orange fleet :D ]

Oh, yeah...You got me....I totally came across, like, 8 cans of orange engine paint from the dollar store....I also have about 6 cans of Duplicolor paint....Blue of some sort.....Guess what color the next fleet is gonna be..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely done. What colour orange is that, who manufactures it. Might be hard to do now, but I would try and get the mold lines off the tires, not a big deal by any means I just think it would take this build up to another level.

You know what, I just completely forgot about that....I guess I was just rushing it a little....Definitely, needs to be addressed.....

• 2 weeks later...

You do a nice job on your frame stretches and tanks JT.

I fought the same problem on my freightshaker. (hotel room builder posted a month or two ago) On mine, once I cut just a fuzz out of the gear shift tower, it dropped right into place. Of course this was not determined until after the cab was on and painted. But I was able to pop the platform the shift lever is in and shave down the mounting posts a bit and not make a mess. Might be worth a look see if you decide to go after it.

nice job on filling that horrible cab seam! I think AMT did that cab that way just to keep us all humble.....LOL

One of these days I would liket to try making a double bunk version of this when I am in the mood to torture myself

BTW - how about some loose potting soil on the trailer floor?

Edited by olsbooks