Model Cars Magazine Forum

Business Card Holder

I have a upcoming show this weekend, and decided I needed something to hold my business cards. I could have bought a set pre-made, but decided to publicize my building skills with a homemade job.Here is the initial layout of it, as it is currently in the paint booth.

003_zps382eff82.jpg

]002_zpsb3cbceb4.jpg

The base was painted gray, and will get some washes to simulate road wear. I painted the building in Khaki, and will add a trim color to it. I will also add a vehicle or two like it shows, along with some pedestrians.

Also the base will get a felt bottom to prevent scratches.

Edited by Mercman

That's a very creative idea. You may want to put somthing inside to make the cards sit up a little higher so that they're more accessible.

I think a lot of people would be hesitant to reach down in there to grab a card for fear of damaging something.

That's a very creative idea. You may want to put somthing inside to make the cards sit up a little higher so that they're more accessible.

I think a lot of people would be hesitant to reach down in there to grab a card for fear of damaging something.

Point well taken thank you for that great idea. I will do that.

Hedre it is ready to go. The small white tabs underneath will keep it from scratching any surface. I also raised the inside so the cards are more accessible.

BCH004_zps4246a14d.jpg

BCH001_zpsff6679f3.jpg

The bushes help hide the one edge, and the white lines were done with a colored pencil.

BCH002_zps2f006eea.jpg

That turned out great. I had no idea there were so many interesting cars available in this scale. You've finished theme quite nicely, and the figures as well. I have trouble doing that nice of a job on 1:35 figures. You must have the hands of a surgeon...just hope he doesn't come looking to get them back :D