Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Super Judge

rv1963

Time for the next build The Super Judge, looks like a decent kit.

This one will take a lot of clean up before priming, I have 3 hours into the body already, removed the door handles, locks, all emblems and the fender lips.

The last pics shows all the work on the underside of the body, I removed all the mounting lugs for the glass and rear bumper, I think it's a good idea to do this as it's a funny car and you may see some of the inside of the body. All comments welcome.

Judge63.jpg

Judge64.jpg

Judge65.jpg

Edited by rv1963

I have thought about building this car or the Model King kit with the MPC 1972 GTO as a street car. I like the rear bumper on the MPC original car better than the 1/24 Monogram Judge. I have the Monogram Judge and I think the rear tailights look too far apart. Anyhow good luck on the build.

Time for an update, the first pic shows the kit engine on the left and the Revell 1968 firebird engine on the right that will replace it, much better detail. Last 2 pics of the body in it's orange Judge paint, still needs to be buffed it's fresh and still needs time to cure.

All comments welcome.

Judge68.jpg

Judge70.jpg

Judge69.jpg

Thanks Richard, now that the paint is cured I don't think it needs to be buffed out, I will add the foil and decals apply the clear coat and see how it looks.

I have started to paint the engine and do some test fitting.

The biggest problem with this kit is I can't find a single reference pic with the kit wheels and single fuel tank any place, I also need to make the bug catcher injector (that's what I call it) time to scratch build I guess. If anybody has a reference pictures of this car that would be a big help.

Edited by rv1963

Thanks Gene, every time I pick up another part in the kit I find it's almost of no use, this is what I get for saying it was a decent kit, my second opinion is, it's not very good.

I really had no intention of going this far with this kit, the snow ball effect, lol.

Edited by rv1963

Thanks Carl, thanks Erik, yes it's a magic paint bottle you put the part you don't like on the left and it shows up on the right new and improved, you guys should get one really moves the build along, lol.

Edited by rv1963

Time for an update, did some basic work on the engine, to the left are the kit headers and on the right are the scratch built ones.

The headers need a lot more work but I can't finish them until the engine is installed in the frame so I can make adjustments.

Judge76.jpg

Edited by rv1963

Thanks Carl, the engine stand was made from scraps, got tired of the engine falling over all the time while taking pictures.

Update time, body has been foiled, decaled and given 3 coats of clear it may need a fourth. All comments welcome.

Judge79.jpg

Judge80.jpg