Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Your Favorite Decal Sheet?

The one car sheet that took the top of my head clean off was the one in the Simil-R Matech Ford GT. Perfect registration, foil-reflective highlights, super-sharp and subtle.

Non automotive, I really dig the Aztek-pattern and weathering decals Polar Lights includes in its Star Trek TOS and refit Enterprise kits.

Kit-wise, I would say the AMT Fiat/Double dragster and Polar Lights Challenger F/C; aftermarket, I would go with just about any of Gofer Racing's sheets. FYI, don't overlook decal sheets for military aircraft models- often, they include stencils and placards that can be used to add a little extra detail on automotive subjects, too.

The decal sheet from my Doyusha 1:12 Lamborghini LP500 has some Playboy bunny decals, those are pretty rare

I also like the scallop decals in the Galaxie '46-'48 Chevy kits, they'll work on a number of other cars.

aw_plates-vi.jpg

Does it have to be decals or will this sheet do? I was fortunate to find two complete mint condition sheets at a show about 20 years ago. I had to have them because I had them as a kid! One has remained the way you see it, the other one I've been using on my builds, most notably on the cars in the Olde Kustom Kollection!

aw_plates-vi.jpg

Does it have to be decals or will this sheet do? I was fortunate to find two complete mint condition sheets at a show about 20 years ago. I had to have them because I had them as a kid! One has remained the way you see it, the other one I've been using on my builds, most notably on the cars in the Olde Kustom Kollection!

Those are cool :D

My wife juste made me this sheet today

plates_zpsdfd97007.jpg

All from my home province and some personnalised, also a few different years to match whatever model i'm building :)