Model Cars Magazine Forum

Never give a farmer a welder.....

Never give a farmer a welder!!!

When you live on a farm you learn to "make do" with whatever you find in the barn!! This is the exact and perfect example of why
We save everything.This car has been built with all of the junk Laying out back in the pile, and under the work Bench, and stuffed in the rafters. All this guy needed was a little time on his hands. Spotted in Cannon Falls , MN on 5/23/12 Its a car? Or a truck?

farmer1_zpsea0e2f66.png
farmer2_zps4e034277.png

farmer3_zps3e7f8870.png

farmer4_zps02ba58fd.png

farmer5_zps6aa9bb44.png
Cow milking apparatus on air cleaner - galvanized wash tub fan shroud

farmer6_zpsdc3e08ca.png

farmer7_zpsb076fdb2.png

Tractor wrench bracket for headlamp housing The rear lamp frame built with saw blades and a chicken feeder box -Cow milking apparatus on air cleaner - galvanized wash tub fan shroud manure Spreader drive is still intact - horse shoe door hinges Tractor seats with pitchfork backs - seat belts - tractor compartment box behind Driver seat - gear shift beside hand brake - stereo & CD player on dash blade.The drive chains are still on the floor board. Also please note that he put in seat belts - so he must be street legal??

The steering wheel is the drive sprocket for the manure spreader chains which are on the floor. The body and tail apparatus is the rest of the manure spreader! The taillight housing appears to be a chicken feeder. I don't know if the saw blade dash is DOT approved, though! Love the pitchfork seat backs topped by the horse hitching crossbar. It looks like the rear seat backs are the legs of old treadle sewing machines. If you can't ID the seat bottoms then you must be a bear! The radiator shell is off a Minneapolis Moline tractor which were manufactured in South Minneapolis about 4 miles from where I live. Currently on the same site is a Target store!

It looks well screwed together but of course I must ask the perenniel question - WHY?

It's even got a porta-john back seat how cool is that, so does that mean you spread your own manure? :lol: but I'm not sure it would be classified as car or truck, more like thing-a-ma-what or eyesore, at any rate someone had a lot of time and imagination to play with!! :o

Makes one wonder what the chassis is from...because that has to be how it's still registered, as whatever it was prior to this being done to it. In addition to seatbelts, it clearly has a license plate with valid registration. I would presume Minnesota is no different than anywhere else meaning you need a VIN for a title to apply for a license plate. Presume it's insured under the same VIN, wonder if GEICO knows what they're really insuring :lol:

Makes one wonder what the chassis is from...because that has to be how it's still registered, as whatever it was prior to this being done to it. In addition to seatbelts, it clearly has a license plate with valid registration. I would presume Minnesota is no different than anywhere else meaning you need a VIN for a title to apply for a license plate. Presume it's insured under the same VIN, wonder if GEICO knows what they're really insuring :lol:

Judging from the engine/front suspension I'll bet it was a late 80s/early90s Chevy truck.

I really don't see what the big deal is, we've all seen barn finds before...... :P

I don't know if many of you have heard of them but, the Shriners have a group called the Hillbilly Clan. They do all kinds of crazy trucks like this and run them through parades. They use them to promote and raise money for their children's hospitals. They raise awareness of the group and what they do for sick/crippled children and their families. Then again, at least you can USUALLY clearly identify what they started with.

Also, if I'm not badly mistaken, I am pretty sure thats a square body long wheelbase S10. The front of the frame looks almost exactly like that when the bumper mounts are lowered for a body drop. I will have to go out and check my Blazer tomorrow to confirm or disprove this.

Edited by Skydime