Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete 378 Stretch (Under Glass, Now)

Well, Guys, I figured out what tractor I'm gonna use with my car hauler.....It's this Pete 378....I'm using an old sleeper from a 377 and I stretched the frame a couple of inches....(For some reason, I don't feel I've done anything unless I stretch 'em)....So I did....I made my own fuel tanks, again, as the kit fuel tanks just ain't gonna cut it....All the 378's I see with these tanks just look like there's something missing underneath....Hopefully this makes it look better....And, of course, it's been painted "fleet" orange....

070a_zps52e65c6a.jpg

071a_zpsb1612eb3.jpg

072a_zpscb228e1b.jpg

009a_zpsd4741cb2.jpg

012a_zps6f1da741.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Nice 378 so far!....Any chance of getting ahold of those Italeri fuel tanks? :blink:

Sure....I've got these things comin' out of my ears....I'll bet I have about 3 sets laying around at the bottom of the parts box....Just send me a PM, and We can discuss it.... :)

Edited by kilrathy10

that's gonna look sweet! your a machine, I don't think the paint is dry on the freight-shaker, and here you have a trailer and 1/2 a truck done already!

p.s. the car hauler shoulda been orange, you threw me off with a new color :D

Actually, I did intend to add some orange accent strips to it, but I decided I wanted to be able to display any tractor I built in the future with it......So... :)

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like it´s gonna be a cool rig. Next time you take pictures, try to dust off the in progress model a little. I have the same problem with my pics. I keep forgetting to dust off the sub assemblies and the camera always makes the dust particles a lot bigger than they realy are.

Keep on great work.

Got this bad boy almost finished.....This is the gist of what it's gonna look like....Now it's on to customizing this thing.....Gotta add some chicken lights all around.....The next time you see this one, it'll be under glass.....

191a_zps7f464669.jpg

189a_zps0949a072.jpg

004a_zpsefbeff95.jpg

Thanks guys for looking and commenting.....Thank you very much....