Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford Daily Driver WIP

Newbs99

So, this is my first post to MCM and I'm new here. I wanted to start off with my current model project, a 57 Ford Fairlane. It's nearly finished, but I just can't get the wheels to sit right. They look good, but the rear wheels won't roll.

post-12565-0-43839000-1381966520_thumb.j

post-12565-0-38904100-1381966591_thumb.j

Here is my decent engine:

post-12565-0-55243400-1381966905_thumb.j

And here is the interior:

post-12565-0-15132000-1381966664_thumb.j

post-12565-0-01001300-1381966719_thumb.j

I'll post more when it is complete.

What do you think?

I'm not sticking with the original bumpers. I'm gonna go with the custom front and rear bumpers that give it a sleek look. I thank that that Krylon paint that I used did a pretty good job. Yours looks great. Also, back to the bumpers, I can never find the original bumpers to fit the model body correctly.

Looks Good,

Geno

There could be a large debate over that Geno, and I usually favored the 55 - 57 Chevys until I began this model. Now I have mixed feelings.

It also seems that this is a very popular model on the MCM forum.

Thanks,

Newbs99

post-12565-0-12907200-1381971116_thumb.j

post-12565-0-10236000-1381971154_thumb.j

Edited by Newbs99

The dark blue looks nice. I would seriously consider at least painting the roof a different, lighter color, though, such as white.

With regard to pictures, move the camera back from the subject. That will help focus. Good indoor lighting will work, but you should use a contrasting background, in other words, with a dark car, use a white background; black with a light-color car. Posterboard works well.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Bo, I can't wait to see yours when it's finished. I really like the '57 Fords...way better than the '57 Chevy, lol.

LOL, yeah, I know, I favor the '56 out of the tri-five Chevy's, I think the look is the most cohesive of the three years. JMHO though, lol.

Interesting guys! I never looked at '57 Fords at all until I got into modeling and my club did a build on that AMT kit. I did a bit of research and now I may just prefer a '57 Ford over Chevy! Mainly because they stand out since there are so many more Chevys at shows and such. Here's mine, man can that build really be 25 years old?

MVC017S-vi.jpg

And the other funny part. My favorite Tri-Chevy is also the '56. Again, the least seen year. I had a '56 2 door sedan back in 1976.

Starting to look good; I'll look forward to seeing the foil on it. Coat the sweep with some clear yellow directly over the foil; that'll do a nice job of simulating the anodized sweep-spear.

Charlie Larkin

Tom, I like yours. The dog-dishes and blackwalls add a rather interesting, different touch to the car.

Charlie Larkin

Looks good so far Bo, keep at it. Tom, yours is pretty sweet as well. I just think the Ford looks better. To my eyes the '57 Chevy looks cobbled together. The '56 sleek, smooth and sexy.

Ford did outsell Chevy in 1957! A forgotten fact, especially in view of the popularity of the '57 Chevy!