Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just finished this puppy up after 8-1/2 months. Lots of trials here with this kit but Eduard stuff is friggin awesome when you get done. I decided to open all the panels up. The engine has around 70+ parts of PE and plastic(more than what shows through the open panels). The cock pit I lost count on the parts in that area. Paint was completed with Vallejo acrylics. The Royal Class kits (which this is one) come with 4 sheets of PE in the box. I added a set of Ultracast wheels, Master Models brass cowl gun barrels, 20mm wing root gun barrels and 30mm outer wing gun barrels. Aerial antenna is stretched sprue painted black.

The pictures are a little dark due to the type of camera that I have coupled with my lighting. Please forgive me on that. Thanks for looking , Joe

A speical thanks to Harry for lightening these pics up so that you can actually see the build.

Finishedpic2_zps1bb80719.jpg

Finishedpic3_zpsc8436f26.jpg

Finishedpic1_zps382e1e24.jpg

Finishedpic4_zps670fa53f.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

I know the feeling Wayne! Barracuda gets the best of em most of the time!!!! Today the dealership is letting alot of stuff through. I'm sure it wont last!!

Being employed by a state law enforcement agency which handles sensitive and or covert investigations, means we have firewalls for firewalls and nanny programs from Hades.

It backfires every now and then though. None of us could even read the online local newspapers or trade papers last year.

The bosses believe we are akin to the Men in Black for goodness sakes.

Well, we are close to Area 51................................. B)

G

Being employed by a state law enforcement agency which handles sensitive and or covert investigations, means we have firewalls for firewalls and nanny programs from Hades.

It backfires every now and then though. None of us could even read the online local newspapers or trade papers last year.

The bosses believe we are akin to the Men in Black for goodness sakes.

Well, we are close to Area 51................................. B)

G

LOL! LOL!

Thank you all for your kind words. I am working my way into an automotive build sometime within the next year. I've been building scale model aircraft, usually Luftwaffe stuff, since about February of last year. I am in the middle of an SBD Dauntless right now, an Fw190 D-9(in which I already have the nose section/ engine build up completed) starting on 01 Jan 14 for a Group Build I'm running and then a Stuka around the May time frame for another Group Build. I'm planning on building the Revell Mustang LX after that and I'm really looking forward to that. At this point my main weakness is applying a realistic shiny gloss coat.

Edited by mustang1989

I started building an Fw190 D-9 as mentioned above. I have a lot of fun in the engine compartments of aircraft and this one was no exception. This engine was a total blast to build! It was like I was building a real engine except this one is in 1/48 scale. At times I had to sit back and think to myself," Did I just build that?" Here's a shot or two of that:

TamiyaFw190D-9nosemodulenoguns002_zps49c

TamiyaFw190D-9nosemodulenoguns001_zpsabc

Edited by mustang1989

Nice. I'm a big fan of the Dora. I built one back in the '90s, when I was in the Army, serving in Germany. It was a model of a captured plane, wearing red stars. It turned out really nice. It was on my desk in the barracks, sitting next to a model of one of Gerhard Barkhorn's Bf109s. I came home one day, after Germans had installed cable for us. The '190 with red stars was sitting in the floor with broken landing gear. Annoying, but...eh...had to laugh a little bit.

Thanks Lee and Fred! I'm really liking this Dora for sure. Its basically the same plane as the A/F series of 190 from the engine firewall back except for lengthening the fuselage about 8" to offset the weight/ length of the modified nose for a V-12 but it just looks friggin cool, they are bad "A" and the color schemes for the D's were just crazy! The germans upon the first D series arriving to the units in late 1944 deemed them "Focke Mustangs". Fast and able to roll on a dime coupled with a nasty surprise in the armament department, they were a force to be reckoned with in the hands of a skilled pilot (which was far and few between by wars end).