Model Cars Magazine Forum

Engine 51 resurrected

After a brief hiatus away from this build I was able to get over the hurdle of having to rebuild the air intakes located on top of the engine cover. The first ones were about twice as big as they should have been. With that done the shops could finish the work and get the rig ready for assignment. "Rampart! This is Engine 51. Do you read, over?"

post-1827-0-70460000-1382207570_thumb.jppost-1827-0-64513300-1382207590_thumb.jppost-1827-0-91449500-1382207628_thumb.jppost-1827-0-42822400-1382207652_thumb.jppost-1827-0-41412300-1382207672_thumb.jppost-1827-0-42821300-1382207698_thumb.jp

Great looking build. Love the hoses in the back. Not sure if it still is, but the real fire truck went into active service in one of the National Parks out west, if I'm not mistaken, after the show series was over. So, it's most likely still around. One of my favorite shows as a kid and now have the series on dvd.

Great looking build. Love the hoses in the back. Not sure if it still is, but the real fire truck went into active service in one of the National Parks out west, if I'm not mistaken, after the show series was over. So, it's most likely still around. One of my favorite shows as a kid and now have the series on dvd.

LA County got it back and is either still under restoration or the restoration is complete. Been a while since I checked.

Amazing work Charlie!

The Ward has been reunited with the Squad at the LA County fire museum

Went on the website...the Ward is restored and, like cargostar(Dave) mentioned, reunited and on display with Squad 51 and the Crown fire truck(from seasons 1&2). It cost approximately $50,000 to restore the Ward to as seen in the series. Oh yeah...it served in Yosemite Park until it was donated back to the museum. Go to the website for all the details, stories, and pictures if interested.

Very nice, Charlie. Emergency! is now playing at 5:00 PM Mon-Sat. on MeTV, and unless I'm not home or have my hands full with something else, I'm watching it.

Perhaps you could rig a digital recorder hidden away at the shows with a "push me" button, just to add to the flavor a little..

http://www.phonezoo.com/ringtone/196001417/emergency-warning-buzzers-emergency-.htm

Charlie Larkin