Model Cars Magazine Forum

patine-eight revell 58 budget lowrider

plastikjunkie2

I have to wonder about a glass smooth, shiny, elaborate custom paint job on the roof of an otherwise faded and worn car. And the wheels seem to be sticking way out of the tires... :blink:

BTW... your interior photo is backwards... unless this is a rare right-hand drive Impala! ^_^

It's actually a fairly common trend in the lead sled world to have the roof finished and the car unfinished. I think it looks great! Very nice weathering on the paint. I do agree with Harry about the tires though. Love the rims though, seems like they just need some wide whites on them.

its actually very common. in most cases it would be a flat a paint or primer job on the body .as far as the wheels that's how they look on a 1:1 tire and wheel combo . they mount a 5.2 tire usually on a 7-7.5" rim which gives it a lot protruding lip. i actually mount the reverse wheels on their 5.20 style wheel . I spoke to joe at Pegasus about their 5.20 tire having the option of a wider white wall, they do have them for the crossbars and I managed to snag a few sets mounted on the soveriegns . thanks for all comments.

thanks for all compliments !!! yeah some members just seem to be a lil I wouldn't say harsh but maybe mislead even when I haven't seen anything they've done. but anywho as far as the interior its just the app I used the pic is flipped to make the layout more appealing but a right hand drive on a lowrider is very common in japan which has an extensive community.

Very sharp work on this one - reminds me of some of the ones I've seen on the H.A.M.B. with the same treatment. One minor suggestion - you need a little patina/wear on top of the door from the driver's elbow! ;)

Edit: Do you have a rear view shot of it?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I CAN DIG IT!!

Harry, if you haven't, you should check out Gary Seeds work... He paints real cars patterns mostly 60s and 70s style lowriders, but he did a 1:1 53 Bel Air I believe... It was patina but the roof was patterned very beautiful work with mexican blankets over the front and rear seats... If I can find the pic, I'll post it up ...

I agree the rims need to be sunken in more so they fit better on the tires.... Otherwise this is killer!