Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 roadrunner rebuild

goodwin3224

This is as far as i gotten on this car but its a rebuild of my fathers. He probably built this car in the 80s or 90s im not sure but i do know that it was the pro street roadrunner and that around 1997 i got into building them myself and also decided that i wanted all of the parts out of this car for one of my own and destroyed it with out him knowing haha. Seeing how this car has sentimental value to me i am going to have to buy a new kit to donate the parts to complete it(if that makes sense) because off loosing the parts over the years(all you see is what i have to work with). In the end im not sure if i want to go back to the pro street class or more of a modern pro touring look. What do you guys think? Im open to suggestions. Thanks,

Justin

wet sanded and ready to go

20131021_232601_zpsc08d98b3.jpg

Edited by goodwin3224

What you have is the AMT '68 Roadrunner. At one time, this kit was issued as a prostreet version. The '68 had the round side markers and the '69 had rectangular side markers and a different grille. If this model has sentimental value to you, rebuild it as your father had built it or build it as you want to see it as. The choice is up to you.

What you have is the AMT '68 Roadrunner. At one time, this kit was issued as a prostreet version. The '68 had the round side markers and the '69 had rectangular side markers and a different grille. If this model has sentimental value to you, rebuild it as your father had built it or build it as you want to see it as. The choice is up to you.

alright thank you for the year correction. i saw on ebay that the kits to put this car back together original was like 40 bucks so i think im going to do a pro street car with some stuff that i have with maybe a more modern twist to it like a DOCH twin turbo hemi and a full tubular chassis and modern interior but still stick with the basic looks. I think im also going to paint it burnt or golden yellow with a darker silver or charcoal gray two tone.

Wow just one question and not trying to sound like a jerk but is that all going to fit under the hood? I hope it does because it looks ggggggrrrreat!

thats what im shooting for. it very well should. although im thinking i may have to make a dry sump oil pan and put a external oil pump to gain a little more clearance