Model Cars Magazine Forum

'74 Kenworth W900A Show Truck (Extended sleeper)

Hello every one I'm new to this forum and I wanted to show my work progress on my "Kenworth W900A Show Truck". Now this is only the start. As you know I'm using the Revell 1:25th KW W900 kit. An I'm looking at having that Extended sleeper look. I found a photo to back up my idea. (An now I'm not going to paint my truck white).

Edit: I only post 4 images per post for those that have slow net service.

Any way before I started thinking of the theme name. I was thinking of doing a stretch job on the sleeper. An I first thought it may not look right, till I found this photo.
Kenworth_Sleeper-Project1.jpg

After see that photo, I knew stretching the sleeper will look really cool. Now my stretch will be just a little longer than that of the photo. Here's some of my work from to months ago.
Coming up with just how long I want it to be.. (A paper Ruler) LOL :D
Kenworth_Sleeper-Project2.jpg

Sleeper bed floor and it's detailed chassis.
Kenworth_Sleeper-Project3.jpg

Don't ask my why I added detail in a place that no one will see but I did any way! :blink:

Kenworth_Sleeper-Project4.jpg

Now the foor is not glued in place.
Kenworth_Sleeper-Project7.jpg

Kenworth_Sleeper-Project8.jpg

Here I looking at just how long the new sleeper will be and just were I will need to make my chassis cuts.
Kenworth_Sleeper-Project9.jpg

The tire are resin in some of the photos and there called energy consumption tires, there made by my friend and fellow truck builder. This is what the cab looks like right now. Sorry for the fuzzy photo as this photo came from a club display.

AutumnCon17th201156.jpg

Kenworth_Sleeper-Project17.jpg

This is some good work, already....Don't worry about detail that won't show up....I think we all do that....The way you attacked the sleeper is a really good idea....I like that one....Very nice chop....I also like the way you are going after the fuel tanks.....I might have just used some PVC pipe,as I'm just a little bit lazy, but your conversion should look more realistic....Outstanding work, and I can't wait to see more....AWESOME!!!!!

"olsbooks" I used styrene rod of different sizes, an thanks every one for commenting on my scratch work. As you have not seen any thing yet, once I get the truck done the Combination load trailers has to be fully scratch build as well as it's load.

This is the one of the load ideas but a much bigger version.

Heavy-Eq-11.jpg

This is the other load idea.

DOT-Road-Resurfaceing_Unit-3.jpg

An I'll only be using the one jeep configuration.

85ton_nacelle_transport1.jpg

Edited by WhiteR34_287