Model Cars Magazine Forum

My chopped 40

Modlbldr

Well Tom do you want the good or the bad first, let's go with the good first it looks dang good to me I would say you did some very good body work, now the bad well TBH I don't see any, sorry Tom I just had to mess with ya a little, this one should turn out really NICE, I like it!! got a color picked out? ;):D

Thanks guys for the kind words. I am thinking of a dark maroon similar to the magazine car. I've been working on the suspension for a while now and it still isn't low enough. More work on it tonight. I also need to do some work on my euro rebuilds.

Later-

Interesting...this looks like the Matranga Merc of George Barris fame......what a car that was.......!!!! I have a resin version of it kicking around some place.....done by Jimmy Flintstone....some nice work.....

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Nick_Matranga's_1940_Mercury

Edited by Duntov

Duntov-

Thanks for the great comment. I'd be excited if it was compared to the Matranga Merc. In my opinion there is no better looking car from that time period.

Later-

agreed, Nicks car was my favorite, it existed for no more than a year or so, sad.

I got the suspension adjusted today. It will sit just a hair lower once it is glued. Right now the gaps in the chassis and floor aren't tight. I also got a quick coat of primer on to check the work.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Spent some time last night working on this. I am planning to use the V8 engine from the Revell 32 five window but I can't find a dual carb intake to fit it. Anyone know of one that will fit?

I reworked the seat pattern to replicate the one in the mag. It was a slow progress night last night.

Later-