Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 Chevy Camaro ss/rs Police Car

slusher

OK, guys this is the first kit l have taken pictures of apart for everyone can see and review.

60_57_zps1be469e8.jpg

IMG_1425_zpsb6795c0f.jpg

IMG_1427_zps61ed00b3.jpg

IMG_1430_zps7ff0db62.jpg

IMG_1434_zpsa92a0895.jpg

IMG_1433_zps56d81520.jpg

IMG_1432_zps5b7a8a5a.jpg

IMG_1441_zps11b5a9b3.jpg

l had no ldea this kit was molded in black.. Did not find it in the discription or pictures when l preordered it. l myself hate dealing with black palstic bodies. l my get a whit body from another AMT kit or do someting eles. l like the glass already trimmed in black. The lightbar is clear and very nice decals.

Edited by slusher

Hate to be "that guy" but it says on the bottom of the box what color it's molded in on all AMT kits with the part layout.

Thanks for the photos though, that just saved me $20 something dollars. There's nothing new about this kit that you couldn't do just scratching up the push bumper and "out sourcing" the lightbar onto the Revell Camaro full-detail kit.

Edited by niteowl7710

Thanks for showing it!

Sad that It's a curbside, but so I will have more space for the lighting technic. I think it looks good if the lights are working.

This was never going to be anything other than a re-hash of the existing curbside Camaro kit. But it's sad to see yet another cartoon lightbar, and the total lack of any type of police gear (radio, radar, et al) for the interior. Because I'm not exactly sure what Round 2 feels is the market for these kits. They're borderline Snap-Tite kits, but they sell at the adult-end of the kit price spectrum. It's just a push bumper and "lightbar" slapped in an existing kit as an after thought...tsk tsk tsk.

You can't judge a model from its box, but you sure can sell one.

I saw that box and thought that was pretty cool - kind of lost my interest on seeing the contents. Would love to see it built up, though, and be proved wrong...

This was never going to be anything other than a re-hash of the existing curbside Camaro kit. But it's sad to see yet another cartoon lightbar, and the total lack of any type of police gear (radio, radar, et al) for the interior. Because I'm not exactly sure what Round 2 feels is the market for these kits. They're borderline Snap-Tite kits, but they sell at the adult-end of the kit price spectrum. It's just a push bumper and "lightbar" slapped in an existing kit as an after thought...tsk tsk tsk.

It is a bit confusing where they are going with this - Revell Snaps are relatively cheap...

Glanced at this while I was out at the LHS picking up the AMT Ford LN8000 Race Car Hauler, and it clearly says "Parts Molded in Black Unless Otherwise Indicated" on the box bottom square in the middle of the part's runner layout. So someone needed to convey that information ahead of time to people, although since this kit doesn't even exist on the Round 2 website, who knows if that was a last minute decision or what.

I was looking forward to this kit, but after seeing the contents I'm not going to be buying one. Thank you Carl for falling on the sword ( just kidding) for me.

No problem Corey. l am going to get an AMT show room reblica and use the white body. l have some police gear left over from some police kits to use. l have painted black bodies but its something l just don't like to do. Amt has been famous for this thru the years. l am going to email them but nicely. its just a model...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the pics for us Carl. BTW, are those seats vinyl like the ones in the Showroom Vette or regular styrene?

Looks like a low effort slump-buster type kit for sure. For this type of model, I am really impressed by the windows already trimmed on this. That's certainly something I would not mind seeing on a few more kits.

Edited by Skydime

Thanks for posting this....I was really going to try to get my hands on one of these, but now, I don't know....Another car with no engine for the low, low price of $20....Not sure it's worth it....Especially when the Revell kit sells for the same price....And it's pretty well appointed..(Engine included).....I can always find a light bar from somewhere.....

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks for posting the pics for us Carl. BTW, are those seats vinyl like the ones in the Showroom Vette or regular styrene?

Looks like a low effort slump-buster type kit for sure. For this type of model, I am really impressed by the windows already trimmed on this. That's certainly something I would not mind seeing on a few more kits.

Ken the seats are regular styrene. the biggist problem for me is its molded in black.

what exactly is so bad about the black bodies/parts? A good shot of floquil primer would fix that, i mean i have kits molded in yellow purple green red brown black metallic blue and all sorts of off whites. After i do the primer i cant tell them apart really.